5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road scars

SeaHogs

Reaction score
I have always wanted the Patriot Blue 5th gen Ram. I’ve had 2 other Rams and am a loyal Ram guy. This is for sure the nicest one I’ve ever had. I’m having a tough time accepting the road scars that come with a daily driver. What’s weird is I haven’t been that way until now. I had a door ding PDR’d already and they did a great job. I touch up paint chips on the bumper. I noticed my first ding (I’m guessing a rock from my tire) right behind rear passenger door at the bottom. About the size of a pencil eraser. Not even too noticeable but I know it’s there. Just strange how OCD I am with it compared to my previous trucks. Makes me feel like I can’t enjoy my truck as much as I should. Road scars are inevitable though right??? I’m thinking next time I’ll just have to get PPF everywhere or ceramic. Thanks for the therapy lol

Attachments

• 87643132-90D8-497A-8C69-4A75E55E9FF1.jpeg
    87643132-90D8-497A-8C69-4A75E55E9FF1.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 132
  • B25772DE-E434-47DA-8B8F-11AA3596DE6D.jpeg
    B25772DE-E434-47DA-8B8F-11AA3596DE6D.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 132

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel you man, I'm like this with my gaming laptop. I spend like 5 minutes cleaning it after every session. With my vehicles...not so much. The investment for full-body PPF/Ceramic, and then maintaining that isn't worth it to me. And it's not like you're impervious, can still get scratches and dings and such, just much less likely.

But peace of mind is priceless, so if it's gonna mess with you that much the whole time you have it, make the PPF investment. Pretty much same argument for warranties.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
I feel you man, I'm like this with my gaming laptop. I spend like 5 minutes cleaning it after every session. With my vehicles...not so much. The investment for full-body PPF/Ceramic, and then maintaining that isn't worth it to me. And it's not like you're impervious, can still get scratches and dings and such, just much less likely.

But peace of mind is priceless, so if it's gonna mess with you that much the whole time you have it, make the PPF investment. Pretty much same argument for warranties.
I’ll definitely think more about it on the next one. My current one has 18K miles on it now. I hope it’ll subside over time haha

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyway, I can't see nuthin from those pics, all I see a sexy @$$ Ram! I got the diamond black on my night edition Limited but I swear, every time I see one in the pat blue I have a noticeable tinge of regret haha.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Anyway, I can't see nuthin from those pics, all I see a sexy @$$ Ram! I got the diamond black on my night edition Limited but I swear, every time I see one in the pat blue I have a noticeable tinge of regret haha.
Both of mine before were black. I thought I’d get away from a dark color but the PB hooked me. And thanks. I’m trying to tell myself if I can’t see any ding from 10 ft away it’s not a big deal. Touch up paint has done pretty good for the painted bumper. Not perfect but better.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Short of keeping it in the garage or barn all the time and never driving it i don’t think any truck could ever be blemish free

Cajun_

Reaction score
ether get PPF or get good with a polisher and give her a good once over every year. Wash her correctly (two bucket method) an use the right type of microfiber for each task and you would be surprised with the lack of swirls. A tip with touch up paint. Get a hypodermic needle and use that to apply the touch up paint onto your paint chips. Apply a small amount at a time and don't try to fill the entire chip at one time. Just put enough so the wet paint doesn't sag.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
ether get PPF or get good with a polisher and give her a good once over every year. Wash her correctly (two bucket method) an use the right type of microfiber for each task and you would be surprised with the lack of swirls. A tip with touch up paint. Get a hypodermic needle and use that to apply the touch up paint onto your paint chips. Apply a small amount at a time and don't try to fill the entire chip at one time. Just put enough so the wet paint doesn't sag.
Appreciate the info. Love the forum and ideas

SeaHogs

Reaction score
These things happen when you take it off pavement.

View attachment 113264
Definitely.My last truck I didn’t think twice about going off pavement. I took it slow on gravel but still think that was the ding I got. My bad luck here lately also has been cars traveling the other direction flinging stuff at me a few times. Thankfully one was a piece of a tire but the other was a rock to the hood

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's a truck. It will wear out and you will kick it aside like so much trash and get another one. Don't sweat it.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1638971182805.png
Noticed this nice little scuff the other day. 15 years ago I would have been literally crying. Now I just buy a wheel scratch kit, touch it up, and forget about it lol.

NRitland2

Reaction score
I have always wanted the Patriot Blue 5th gen Ram. I’ve had 2 other Rams and am a loyal Ram guy. This is for sure the nicest one I’ve ever had. I’m having a tough time accepting the road scars that come with a daily driver. What’s weird is I haven’t been that way until now. I had a door ding PDR’d already and they did a great job. I touch up paint chips on the bumper. I noticed my first ding (I’m guessing a rock from my tire) right behind rear passenger door at the bottom. About the size of a pencil eraser. Not even too noticeable but I know it’s there. Just strange how OCD I am with it compared to my previous trucks. Makes me feel like I can’t enjoy my truck as much as I should. Road scars are inevitable though right??? I’m thinking next time I’ll just have to get PPF everywhere or ceramic. Thanks for the therapy lol
Absolutely in love with Patriot blue. Especially blacked out!
After 6 mo to a year you'll begin to accept the scars. As a truck guy it'll become a part of life

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Absolutely in love with Patriot blue. Especially blacked out!
After 6 mo to a year you'll begin to accept the scars. As a truck guy it'll become a part of life
Me too. First time I saw one I knew that was my color and next truck for sure. And yea definitely. Especially since they were really out of my control. The majority that come next will be also I’m sure. I’ll just take care of it best I can.

Users who are viewing this thread