5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road noise- interior

JP1500Limited

Reaction score
First time poster here but so glad to find this post. I’m literally sitting at the dealership now in an attempt to get this very issue resolved. 2021 1500 Limited Crew Cab (with pan sunroof) that’s three weeks old. The bizarre thing is the cabin started out whisper quiet to the point I could have the radio volume on 5 and hear comfortably. Even my wife and kids commented on the difference between my 16 Laramie that had terrible wind noise. It was quieter than her 21 Mercedes GLS450. Just a few days ago I could hear a drastic difference in the cabin noise. Now the radio has to be a 12-15 to be able to hear once I reach 40mph or higher. As one poster commented instead of enjoying my $70K truck I’m constantly annoyed and trying to pinpoint the origin of the noise. My wife road in the back seat last night trying to see if she could tell where it was coming from and she felt it could be the tonneau cover. All I can tell is it’s coming from the back of the cabin. My 16 was more around the driver and passenger door which I always attributed to weather stripping and was more of a whistling. The almost sounds like the A/C is on in the back blowing steadily (with it obviously being off). Also general outside noise like cars passing are audibly louder. I asked the the service tech that checked me in if it could be an ANC issue and he looked as if I was speaking another language and said he had no idea and ushered me to the waiting room. I’m not holding my breath for positive results.

Morenar

Reaction score
First time poster here but so glad to find this post. I’m literally sitting at the dealership now in an attempt to get this very issue resolved. 2021 1500 Limited Crew Cab (with pan sunroof) that’s three weeks old. The bizarre thing is the cabin started out whisper quiet to the point I could have the radio volume on 5 and hear comfortably. Even my wife and kids commented on the difference between my 16 Laramie that had terrible wind noise. It was quieter than her 21 Mercedes GLS450. Just a few days ago I could hear a drastic difference in the cabin noise. Now the radio has to be a 12-15 to be able to hear once I reach 40mph or higher. As one poster commented instead of enjoying my $70K truck I’m constantly annoyed and trying to pinpoint the origin of the noise. My wife road in the back seat last night trying to see if she could tell where it was coming from and she felt it could be the tonneau cover. All I can tell is it’s coming from the back of the cabin. My 16 was more around the driver and passenger door which I always attributed to weather stripping and was more of a whistling. The almost sounds like the A/C is on in the back blowing steadily (with it obviously being off). Also general outside noise like cars passing are audibly louder. I asked the the service tech that checked me in if it could be an ANC issue and he looked as if I was speaking another language and said he had no idea and ushered me to the waiting room. I’m not holding my breath for positive results.

Let us know what they say. I am having the same issue and I also think my ANC may not be working. Plus my rear passenger door is where my road noise is coming from. I have an appt next Tuesday.

JP1500Limited

Reaction score
Exactly what I was expecting. They drove it roughly 8 miles and said that the cabin noise was normal. I asked why it was extremely noticeably different than the first few weeks that I owned the truck and he just shrugged his shoulders and said maybe it was so much quieter than your last truck that you are use to it now and picking up on little things. I know I’m not crazy and there is a distinct difference. The first few weeks it was “wow I made a great decision this feels like riding in the cabin of a luxury SUV” to now I’m back to “yep this is a truck cabin”. Highly disappointed considering what I spent.

Morenar

Reaction score
Typical. I was going to try the painters tape method around the door and see if it stops the road noise I am hearing. Then I can at least let them know what stops the noise. I also tried to adjust the door striker but couldn't get it to adjust. I think my read passenger door is just not sealing right.

JP1500Limited

Reaction score
I stopped by Sherwin Williams and bought painter tape immediately after leaving the dealership. That’s tomorrow’s project.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I'm going to try this out under the bed and cab space to fill the undergap with wind noise

Attachments

• 20220514_105257.jpg
    20220514_105257.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220514_105232.jpg
    20220514_105232.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 71

plutajoe

Reaction score
2019 1500 Limited with build date 10/20/2018.

Excessive road noise which is most noticeable at highway speeds. The cabin noise on this truck is clearly louder than the 2019 truck I test drove and my own previous truck.

Does anyone know how to test the active noise cancellation system?

Anyone else have cabin noise louder than expected?

Thanks in advance.
I'm having the same issue came from a bighorn 1 ton diesel that was alot more quite then what I thought was top of line limited truck.

Users who are viewing this thread