5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rigid LED Cube Problem w/ Factory Fog Switch

ssick92

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've tried doing some searching on this forum and research around the web but can't find an answer to my problem. I replaced my bumper so lost the factory halogen fog lights in that process as they were not compatible with the new bumper. I got 2 Rigid SAE/DOT LED Cubes to use as my new fog lights on my 2020 Bighorn but can't seem to get them to turn on at all. I am trying to utilize the factory fog light switch so got some 9006 to Deutsch DT connectors and am getting the proper voltage at the male end of the Deutsch connector before plugging it into the cubes, but the lights still won't turn on. I've tried the connector both ways in case the polarity is reversed, but no luck. I've also already changed the setting in AlphaOBD for LED fog lights. The new lights only pull 22W each compared to the 55W the factory halogens so overloading the circuit isn't a problem.

Any ideas? Do I need to splice into the relay that came with the cubes in order to get them to work? If so, any chance someone has a wiring diagram for how to do that?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Shouldn’t need the relay, probably something to do with the factory wiring... canbus wiring sucks for this kind of thing. If you can find where the factory wiring for the fogs comes out of the tipm you could wire in your relay from there and it might work.

ssick92

Reaction score
Shouldn’t need the relay, probably something to do with the factory wiring... canbus wiring sucks for this kind of thing. If you can find where the factory wiring for the fogs comes out of the tipm you could wire in your relay from there and it might work.
Thanks for your response. I ended up getting it working just now by splicing in the relay. I did it slightly differently than you suggested but along the same idea. I just cut off the existing fog light connector and wired the ground to relay ground, and the positive on the fog light to the relay input wire that would normally come from the switch (blue wire in the Rigid kit) -- I simply didn't use the red lead that is the power for the switch. Wired up everything else normally and got it to work.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone else having the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online