5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rigid Industries Light Bar Installation

dorskh

Reaction score
That’s not horrible. Mine sits back that far now and throws a TON of light through the grill. Makes it hard for someone to steal a 1300 dollar light bar that way!

Klaurin

Reaction score
I would never run that much amps through a switch, that's what a relay is for and it being a Rigid it should have come with one. I know mine did.
I purchased a 20" rigid industries RDS series midnight edition light bar for my truck a few days ago, I've always had led lights on my vehicles but this is the first time I've spent the big bucks on the Rigid. Install was pretty simple, I custom CNC plasma cut the mount out of 10 gauge stainless steel so no drilling or cutting into the bumper (other then the plastic grille obviously) was needed, BTW I saved the design if anyone buys a 20" Rigid light bar. Wiring was also straight forward because it comes with a pretty good wiring harness, I don't like having a switch so I wired the relay to the high beams, so whenever the high beams are turned on the light bar also comes on. That just simplifies things and you don't have an ugly switch somewhere in the interior. View attachment 6173 View attachment 6174 View attachment 6175 View attachment 6176 View attachment 6177
where did you pick up the high beam wire?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
where did you pick up the high beam wire?
It was the high beam wire in the plug that goes into the driver side headlight. I don't remember the color of the wire but just grab a test light, unplug the headlight harness and have someone flick the high beams on and off while you test the prongs in the plug.

HazelTopNotch

Reaction score
Haven’t really thought about that. The mount I have designed is specific to 20” rigid industries light bars, is that what you’d be putting on?
I would buy the mount for my shop- can you message me if you are interested in making a couple and shipping them to AK?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I would buy the mount for my shop- can you message me if you are interested in making a couple and shipping them to AK?
I don't have a jig made to manufacture them so you'd have to weld the three pieces together yourself, and I also don't have and detailed instructions, just what was written on this thread.

Scosta2315

Reaction score
Ive been considering adding a set of flood and a set of fog pattern Rosie dually d2s to the same area as your bar but haven’t found how I’d want to mount them as easily as yours. Any insight??

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Ive been considering adding a set of flood and a set of fog pattern Rosie dually d2s to the same area as your bar but haven’t found how I’d want to mount them as easily as yours. Any insight??
Mine wasn't easy to mount. Took about 5 hours to remove everything, make the mount, and install and wire the light.

Users who are viewing this thread