5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ridge grapplers wet performance

chuck01835

Reaction score
Looking for comments on ridge grappler performance on wet pavement, or rainy conditions.

Thanks
Chuck

chuck01835

Reaction score
They're considered hybrid tires, all terrain with decent mud performance.

I guess my question is: Are they on par with other all-terrain tires, as far as wet performance?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What did you end up getting?
I came really close to pulling the trigger on an all terrain tire. Was looking at the Ridge Grappler, BFG KO2 and Falken Wildpeak. Decided that I LOVED the look of the tire, but didn't need an AT tire since my truck is just a toy. I ended up going with the top rated tire in its class - Michelin Defender LTX M/S for the best wet and dry traction and ride quality. It rains a ton here in FL and I wasn't going to compromise, even in the slightest, wet traction. I went with function over looks this time around.

Last edited:

chuck01835

Reaction score
Have you done any light trail or offroading with the michelins?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have you done any light trail or offroading with the michelins?
Not since I purchased the tires, but I have heard and read nothing but great things about these tires and that light trail/off roading is not an issue. They are not designed for deep mud or rock climbing which most folks don't do anyway and certainly not me.

Users who are viewing this thread