5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride quality difference with and without e-torque?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Its a combination of tires and shocks, especially if you have an off road package.

Let me share this. I've test drove both of these. 2022 Frontier in both a regular 4x2 and a Pro-X 4x2.
Pro-X has upgraded Off Road tires 18" (Hanook), and upgraded off road shocks. This configuration road rough period. Jittery ride, like a constant slight vibration in the seat and in the steering wheel all the time.
Regular SV trim level with 17" Hanook tires with no off road package. Road smooth.

2021 Ranger FX2 vs regular 4x2..... Again FX2 has the bigger AT tires, and upgraded suspension and shocks (same as 4x4)....
FX2 had the same always jittery ride because of the stiff shocks and the chunky tires. In the regular 4x2 version with Michelin 17 inch tires, totally different ride quality.

I really don't understand the Pro-X and Fx2 versions of the Frontier and Ranger. They are 4x2 trucks.
These additions negatively affect the ride quality and jittery/choppy ride.

In the 4x4 versions, its the the same ride, but you just become to expect a 4x4 isn't going to offer the same ride quality as a 4x2.

I am not sure how ETORQUE in the Ram is having any effect on ride quality. Ride Quality is what the thread is about, not transmission shifts (or how they are felt in the truck) and correct me if I'm wrong, ETORQUE would not be in action at highway speeds in 8th gear anyway.
I've never heard of anyone refer to Hankook tires as an upgrade. 🤣

ncgrl1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie Etorque with Off Road Package, and I totally agree. This is the smoothest riding truck I've ever been in. Totally love it. It's like riding on a cloud.

Users who are viewing this thread