5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Riddle me this!

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Yeah, dealer probably wants $100 to wash an SRT, absurd.....:ROFLMAO:

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Children - this conversation is for the adults. Back to your rooms

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
No apologies man, I was enjoying it

just waiting on the obvious one:

“You should pass, it’s clearly too wide to fit in any reasonable parking space!”

:)

Skater

Reaction score
Try having anything AMG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Amen Brother! Amen. I did not know my MBZ AMG E65 had fiber optic cable throughout until I needed a new radio stack and computer to run it. $10K worth of electronics. Brakes... sheesh, do not get me started. Loved my E65, money pit and all, but sold it a few years back.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
The challenger goes 0-60 in 3 gallons

:)

SO long as you aren't in the gas the entire time for a freeway commute they actually get decent gas mileage...for having to use supreme that's nice. My Camaro put 609 WHP and 693 WTQ on a dyno and would still get 28 mpg on the freeway.

spiG

Reaction score
Yea my Hellcat when not on it did really good on gas, better than my 1500. Def not great but for factory 700hp it did good.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
Never going to track it. I have a 120 mile round trip to work that I only have to make once or twice a week these days. It’s long wide open curves and low traffic - $1700 just for parts is still pretty nuts - not sure if the 2018 parts fit the 2020 ... might be why they are discount (?)
Does the car already have a ton of miles on it? Brakes should last quite some time.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We had a Porsche 911 that had Brembos, an SRT Jeep with Brembos, and now the Redeye. I did the brakes on the first two myself, and it wasn’t in the same zip code for the prices quoted by the OP. I will perform the same on the Redeye once the need arises.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
We had a Porsche 911 that had Brembos, an SRT Jeep with Brembos, and now the Redeye. I did the brakes on the first two myself, and it wasn’t in the same zip code for the prices quoted by the OP. I will perform the same on the Redeye once the need arises.

Great let me know where you get the parts

NDanecker

Reaction score
No disrespect to anyone but.......if you question brake pad costs, mpg, insurance or anything else for these cars (Hellcat, TRX, Trackhawk, etc) and THAT is going to make/break you from buying the car then you are purchasing this car for the wrong reasons, and should shop elsewhere. Sorry...just my thoughts.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
No disrespect to anyone but.......if you question brake pad costs, mpg, insurance or anything else for these cars (Hellcat, TRX, Trackhawk, etc) and THAT is going to make/break you from buying the car then you are purchasing this car for the wrong reasons, and should shop elsewhere. Sorry...just my thoughts.

It’s a discussion and what one person determines to be relevant factors for a vehicle purchase doesn’t have to line up with what you think should or should not be but thanks for sharing your perspective

NDanecker

Reaction score
It’s a discussion and what one person determines to be relevant factors for a vehicle purchase doesn’t have to line up with what you think should or should not be but thanks for sharing your perspective
I agree 100% (or maybe 99%) as I don't feel their reason has to line up with mine. Just giving my opinion similar to when people give their opinion on which tire, air filter or WDH is best. They are all opinions and open for discussion. Everyone is free to make up their own mind.

Reaction score
The TRX uses the same calipers and pads as the normal (DT) Ram 1500. Rotors are thicker but otherwise brakes are the same. Not Brembo. Pricing will be in line with normal 1500 brakes.

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Just remember that with a car that goes fast you want brakes to stop it. With that being said there are lots of places that sell aftermarket brakes just don't cheap out, performance cost money, like others said look at MZB and Porsche they get nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread