5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: Lasfit 3" LED Pods Ditch Light Mount on 2017 Ram 2500

LASFIT

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
photo1-lasfit led bulb-3'' LED pod lights visual effect.png
*This article was originally created by Cameron Sims. All the photos are authorized by Cameron. Thanks to @camwiththeram for sharing such great content with us!

Product: Lasfit 3" LED Pod Lights
Vehicle: 2017 Ram 2500

WHAT MADE ME GET A PAIR OF PODS FROM LASFIT?

Initially I was looking at light bars for just added looks with the added bonus of light but I couldn't find one that had the looks, output and price that I wanted. Luckily for me I found lasfit 20in light bar and their 3in pods, both add such a better driving experience and the look I was going for which no one in their price point can compare too. I initially heard/saw about Lasfit from IG after looking up light bars for my truck. I originally thought that Lasfit was only a headlight bulb company. But for my birthday my wife bought me some Lasfit floor mats and then further diving into their website I found the light bars and pods and was hooked, not just that but the response time and customer service was an added bonus.
photo2-lasfit led bulb-3'' LED pod lights showing on the daytime.png

PRODUCT IMPRESSION

Beam Pattern I bought
: Fog Yellow
Amazing Output: The top feature in my opinion of the light would be output! They're super bright and that makes my driving experience more pleasurable on dark roads.
Low-key Design: The light bar is super thin and the 3in pods are sleek and aren't just another big square.
Ease of install: Lasfit put everything you need in the box to install it in simple applications, if you're wanting to go crazy, some more modifications may be required to your vehicle. The lights are perfect tho.
photo3-lasfit led bulb-3'' LED pod lights showing on the nigh.png

INSTALLATION TIPS
Before Install

For the three inch pods it has one bracket that bolts on the sides, when installing that make sure you use a locking washer to make sure it doesn't back out from vibrations off-roading.

Tips

1. Leave those bolts a little loose. Put your nut and bolt through the bottom mounting hole and into your bracket or whatever you're mounting it too.
2. Once you have it installed where you would like it, the kit comes with ends to use if you have your own power wire or you can use the one sold on the website which comes with a nice toggle switch and relay already pre installed along with connectors to plug and play your lights.
3. Once you get both lights plugged in test make sure it's working. Find a location for your switch, zip tie all of your wires and you're done!

REAL WORLD TESTING
The lights do the fog and snow amazingly well! I have my pods mounted on the hood with the fog pattern more for distance and personal preference. I would definitely recommend buying a white and amber set to have some options at night but if not they sell the filters where I can change my lights to white and amber very easy!
photo4-lasfit led bulb-3'' LED pod lights-views from the carbin.png

FINAL THOUGHTS
Price, design, output and ease of install are never gonna be beaten off with these pods (and of course with a light bar). As I said, I didn't know that Lasfit had expanded their product line to off-road until I bought a pair of lights. I believe they will have more lights in the future and keep growing in off-road scene!

You can get this 3" LED pod light from this page: 3" LED Pod Sport Series Off-Road Hood Ditch Light SAE Fog Flood 18W

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/