5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reversed Polarity Door Speakers

Phantom29

Reaction score
Do you have stock stereo, alpine or hk? Kicker 3.5’s I assume? Will you also be swapping the doors or no?
I just got the stock 6 just going to do the dash speakers for now. They are the Kicker 43DSC3504 thanks

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got the stock 6 just going to do the dash speakers for now. They are the Kicker 43DSC3504 thanks

No problem. Easy swap. If you get them from Crutchfield they will toss in metra harnesses which saves you $15-$20. I would ask Crutchfield if these speakers have inline bass blockers and if not consider picking them up. You’re dropping from an 8ohm to 4ohm speaker. You don’t want to distort or blow them.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for the kickers to add the bass blockers to them
150hz or 600hz?
I would say 600hz as they are very small and you won't get much bass out of them anyway and don't want to. 150hz is far too low for a speaker that size

Phantom29

Reaction score
I would say 600hz as they are very small and you won't get much bass out of them anyway and don't want to. 150hz is far too low for a speaker that size
Thanks! That’s what I figured but doesn’t hurt to ask

dirtbike dude

Reaction score
First timer here. I rarely post but often read the forums. I have a 2019 1500 classic 5.7 with 5" head unit and 6 speakers and decided to change out the 15 w stock speakers (junk). For the dash I used Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX 3-1/2" 2-way Speakers they have the base block already installed with the Metra 72-7902 harness. For all 4 doors I used Pioneer TS-A6960F 6"x9" 4-Way Coaxial Speakers with the Metra 72-6514 harness. Now a big thank you to all of you that posted about the polarity issues with the Ram. I thought I was hallucinating when the speakers would loose amplification because in a few moments it would correct it's self and it would be fine. I took the advice I read on this forum and decided to check the polarity as was suggested with a volt meter at the speaker. My results were this: Dash driver side, passenger side both doors had proper polarity. (+ value). Dash passenger side and driver side both doors had reverse polarity (- value). Once I swapped the wires in the harness for the speakers with the reverse polarity, all speakers tested positive. My problem was solved. No more "drowning" as one person put it.

I really like the Infinity speakers even though they are a bit pricey compared to JBL and Kicker but hell I drive a lot and the speakers hit the highs that I need and the built in base blocker protects them. I went with the 4 way for the doors and couldn't be happier. Plenty of base and the mid tones that go there help even out the over all sound. I'm no audiophile but for $160 bucks total, I'm happy. Thanks again for the forum and everyone's input. I was able to solve my problem with your help.

Dirtbike dude

Users who are viewing this thread