5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrofitting HomeLink

AartWessels

Reaction score
Hi all, as a new RAM owner, was a little disappointed to see that HomeLink is apparently not standard on the 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie. It doesn't show on the buildsheet either, so I guess I'm out of luck.
Anyway, I'd like to know if there's an 'easy' way to retrofit the HomeLink visor, and what the partnumber of the visor would be. Anyone knows?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe its on the sun visor now. So there could be a way to do it if you replace the visor.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is definitely on the sunvisor. I'm always baffled that upper trim levels don't always include everything in a lower trim level plus something. I have a Bighorn and I have Homelink.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is definitely on the sunvisor. I'm always baffled that upper trim levels don't always include everything in a lower trim level plus something. I have a Bighorn and I have Homelink.
It is a curious thing the way they package things. Big horn has it so you would think if a high trim big horn has it naturally the next step up would automatically include it. Guess we aren't smart nought to think stupid.

knightro84

Reaction score
99% sure that Homelink is standard on the Laramie. It is called "universal garage door opener" on the build sheet.

AartWessels

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It’s not on my build sheet :) maybe it’s because the car was built for export. Anyhow, would still like to have it, if I can retrofit it for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

KRField

Reaction score
You should be able to buy the visor with home link in it and replace. The home link should gain power from the power to the vanity lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knightro84

Reaction score
Ah, being an export probably does change things. But, for US trucks Homelink is standard on the Laramie.

Here is a US spec visor in black with Homelink:

Raydar

Reaction score
If you don't mind being a little bit "creative", you can find Homelink modules on ebay for various vehicles and configurations, for like $30-40.
Just be sure to get one for "rolling codes". They will usually advertise it as such. (The non-rolling code devices are ancient technology, and are kind of uncommon anyway.)

Cgause

Reaction score
Hi all, as a new RAM owner, was a little disappointed to see that HomeLink is apparently not standard on the 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie. It doesn't show on the buildsheet either, so I guess I'm out of luck.
Anyway, I'd like to know if there's an 'easy' way to retrofit the HomeLink visor, and what the partnumber of the visor would be. Anyone knows?
Hi
I just bought exported new RAM 1500 2020 year. Limited edition. It doesn’t have homelink in exported version. SOS calls on over head console either. But I bought from eBay a sun visor with homelink and installed it. But you have to add power to the gray pin cable. I have use posi tap and connect gray and yellow together. Wuala now I have my lovely homelink working.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What would be really useful is if on that huge fob we carry for the Ram, there was one button with that function. Then you could put your garage door up or down with the fob.
I'd pay extra for that little convenience.

Steve
I would too! That would be a neat feature. I wonder if it would be possible to reprogram the panic button to do that? I have never used a panic button in almost 25 years of remote controls.

AartWessels

Reaction score
Hi
I just bought exported new RAM 1500 2020 year. Limited edition. It doesn’t have homelink in exported version. SOS calls on over head console either. But I bought from eBay a sun visor with homelink and installed it. But you have to add power to the gray pin cable. I have use posi tap and connect gray and yellow together. Wuala now I have my lovely homelink working.

What did you end up paying for the visor?

Jmattsonk

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the information, I bought the OEM sun visor with homelink, I connected the cables as you indicated and that's it

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So we just need to buy this part and it install it, connect with the cabling and it should work?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Here is the new part number.
yes, that is the suggested one, they one I mentioned, but doesn't seem to have the universal garage door opener

I found this one which is the illuminated one but still no garage door buttons

egejo

Reaction score
Hi all I see now the part 7HD73TX7AC available will these be a newer version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/