5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retraxpro XR vs RetraxONE XR which one?

riccog125

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a RetraxPro XR or the RetraxONE XR. Looking for a top with tracks to make it more versatile. Anyone purchase the RetraxONE and have regrets on not buying the RetraxPro or vise versa? Thanks

scope1

Reaction score
I have the Retrax Pro XR and love it even though I haven't gotten accessories yet for the t tracts.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a RetraxPro XR or the RetraxONE XR. Looking for a top with tracks to make it more versatile. Anyone purchase the RetraxONE and have regrets on not buying the RetraxPro or vise versa? Thanks

I have the RetraxPro MX, and I absolutely love it, I’ve had it over a year and it’s amazing and great quality.
7a24881f38a9400c236f78401146ee60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
I’m having the RetraxOne XR installed this Friday! So soon as it’s on I can post some initial thoughts and pics if you’d like!

BmoreStew

Reaction score
Have had the retraxone XR for 8 months now and haven’t regretted not going with the Pro yet. Honestly, the aluminum slats scared me, living in an area with frequent freezes. Felt safer having the solid piece of plastic rather than slats where water could get in and freeze.

Reverse

Reaction score
I have the Retrax One XR. Has been fine, but have only had it for a month. The only difference with Pro is material (aluminum on Pro), and the weight it will carry (200 vs 500lbs for Pro I believe). The plastic looks fine, not cheap, so I can do without aluminum. They both have the tracks for Thule/Yakima/etc. accessories anyway, so I don't need carrying capacity of the cover itself.

1579045232037.png

1579045259003.png

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Ordered RetraxPRO XR on 12/16 and still waiting for it to be delivered.. BUT I hear great things about it (y)

scope1

Reaction score
Retrax PRO XR is on my 2020 Ram with MFT and works great,

djjr50

Reaction score
I have the RetraxPro MX, and I absolutely love it, I’ve had it over a year and it’s amazing and great quality.

Any rattles when in motion? I had a Retrax on my 07 F150 and I could always hear it, especially with the sunroof open and back window open (my preferred way to travel).

scope1

Reaction score
Mine is quiet. Fit is great. If yours is rattling it may be set too loose.
Any rattles when in motion? I had a Retrax on my 07 F150 and I could always hear it, especially with the sunroof open and back window open (my preferred way to travel).

riccog125

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Still undecided. Taking a rode trip in a month. I really need to hurry up and buy something. :oops:

ppowell1983

Reaction score

I have no rattles or sounds coming from it. I’ve had it for over a year and more than 35,000 miles on this unit as I transferred it from my 4th gen to this truck. It is amazing and love the quality.

djjr50

Reaction score
Mine is quiet. Fit is great. If yours is rattling it may be set too loose.
I have no rattles or sounds coming from it. I’ve had it for over a year and more than 35,000 miles on this unit as I transferred it from my 4th gen to this truck. It is amazing and love the quality.

Good feedback. Think I am going to really weight the pros and cons of the roll UP type (like Bak Revolver or TruXedo Sentry) vs the roll UNDER like the Retrax. Of course, that $300-400 difference is something I have to really justify.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Good feedback. Think I am going to really weight the pros and cons of the roll UP type (like Bak Revolver or TruXedo Sentry) vs the roll UNDER like the Retrax. Of course, that $300-400 difference is something I have to really justify.

I’m sure. The convenience of a roll under like this is great. When I need to open mine, I unlock it and give a slight push and it goes all the way back. Easiest cover I ever had.

scope1

Reaction score
You wont regret the Retrax pro MX or XR. Those extra $300-$400 are worth it. Try tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and use the chat buttons and ask if they will do better than the advertised price. There I just helped you save some cash.

robgdiv

Reaction score

Ppowell1983,
I see from the pic that you have the RetraxProMX and the Rambox; have you done anything with the Retrax side rail seals to minimize their interference with the opening of the Rambox's?
(I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with Rambox and MFT)

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Ppowell1983,
I see from the pic that you have the RetraxProMX and the Rambox; have you done anything with the Retrax side rail seals to minimize their interference with the opening of the Rambox's?
(I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with Rambox and MFT)

I added a couple of washers to move the rails away from the rambox lids a bit and it seems to work

robgdiv

Reaction score
I added a couple of washers to move the rails away from the rambox lids a bit and it seems to work

Interesting; no physical modifications (like trimming on the rubber seals).
I think I'll give the washers a try when I get the time. Thank you

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Interesting; no physical modifications (like trimming on the rubber seals).
I think I'll give the washers a try when I get the time. Thank you

No other modifications such as trimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online