5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrax install price

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Any insight onto what a fair price to install a retrax would be?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Any insight onto what a fair price to install a retrax would be?
You should be able to do it yourself. Very easy...I have done several with only the help of my wife. If you are not a handy person, or don't own any tools, I would say $100 max should be fair as it takes about 30 minutes tops to install.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to do it yourself. Very easy...I have done several with only the help of my wife. If you are not a handy person, or don't own any tools, I would say $100 max should be fair as it takes about 30 minutes tops to install.
I did install mine, someone asked to install theirs and it's more than 30 minutes to put the rails in the bed, attached to the canister and adjust everything.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did install mine, someone asked to install theirs and it's more than 30 minutes to put the rails in the bed, attached to the canister and adjust everything.
OK...45 minutes. The point is it's far less than an hour and it's super easy to do. Maybe because I've done several of these, it took me about 30 minutes;)

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Takes at least 32 minutes. How dare you sir.

Helping a buddy install one today and it’s costing him a few minutes afterwards helping me install a prefab awning over my basement door. Win win.

Users who are viewing this thread