5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(RETRACTED) Mopar Extended Warranty Max Care

Colt1945

Reaction score
Edit:
I went back to the dealership after advice from a member here and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step. Another service rep had to step in and show him he was wording it improperly. Ill have it fixed next week.

I have been having issues with my power running boards for my 19' Ram 1500 for a while now and ended up just permanently storing them as I got tired of how slow they were. I was told in the past just grease them and they will be fine. I had to go in for an alignment today as the local shops somehow couldn't do 22" Rims. I asked them to look at my power running boards while they were at it, and was informed the modules for the running boards (2 of them) need to be replaced by the dealer.

I said perfect, I have an extended warranty! Turns out, it's not covered under the MOPAR warranty I bought, I was surprised and certain that was incorrect. Even after reading through the warranty which specifically states for things not covered: The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.

No where are running boards or the parts for them mentioned in the contract, I called the MOPAR customer service number, and after a lengthy time being bounced around and placed on hold, I read the LOP # to the agent and I got told "yeah we don't know why it's not covered, but it isn't". "Only things listed on there are covered" when I heard that I informed the agent that the contract states "COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):" The not limited to in my mind means not every item has to be listed. Guess that isn't true?

Starting to feel like I made a mistake. I learned about the warranty from these forums when I purchased it over a year ago, just figured I'd give a heads up in case you were thinking about it, the plan is not all roses, as there are loopholes and things you think would be covered but aren't. Apparently the modules are $920 a piece, I'm not a fan of spending over 2k to fix a step, so I'll just have to suck it up. I've had a few electrical issues with the truck since I've had it but always had it covered under the original warranty. Was hoping getting the extended would catch these further issues but I guess not. I also have an issue with my tailgate sticking but decided I'm living with that as I don't want to be disappointed again or charged a $300 diagnostic fee.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

How is this Zeigler's fault? they just sold you a FCA/MOPAR warranty... they didn't write the contract.

That's about like buying a lawn mower at lowe's and saying you were disappointed in them because it blew up. Lowe's didn't make it, they just sold it.

P.S. The contract has been posted here a number of times, and an example contract is on the Zeigler website if you wanted to view it before you purchased the ESP.

Colt1945

Reaction score
How is this Zeigler's fault? they just sold you a FCA/MOPAR warranty... they didn't write the contract.

That's about like buying a lawn mower at lowe's and saying you were disappointed in them because it blew up. Lowe's didn't make it, they just sold it.

P.S. The contract has been posted here a number of times, and an example contract is on the Zeigler website if you wanted to view it before you purchased the ESP.
Their website (Zeigler and Mopar) state 5K+ parts covered and it's the best plan available, the contract does not list 5k+ parts, it seems misleading to me, it has vagueness to it and states "but not limited to" under each section. Apparently it is limited and leaves out parts, is there a list I'm missing that breaks down every component?

I just think it's false advertising. This is my only experience trying to use it, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you get denied the warranty you purchased the FIRST time trying to use it. I mainly included their name for google search results, as someone will search Zeigler and warranty, and I wanted my experience found, as prior searches all I saw was people promoting it, but nothing populating with the results of actually using it (or a negative experience).

I definitely did read it before buying it,(My truck had a TON of basic warranty work done, so I didn't feel confident owning it without one), but I didn't think to check for "Running Boards" in the contract, as who knew that would go bad and be specifically excluded for some reason?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should have received a copy of the contract in the mail with all items/exclusions listed.

U

User_3336

Their website (Zeigler and Mopar) state 5K+ parts covered and it's the best plan available, the contract does not list 5k+ parts, it seems misleading to me, it has vagueness to it and states "but not limited to" under each section. Apparently it is limited and leaves out parts, is there a list I'm missing that breaks down every component?

I just think it's false advertising. This is my only experience trying to use it, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you get denied the warranty you purchased the FIRST time trying to use it. I mainly included their name for google search results, as someone will search Zeigler and warranty, and I wanted my experience found, as prior searches all I saw was people promoting it, but nothing populating with the results of actually using it (or a negative experience).

I definitely did read it before buying it,(My truck had a TON of basic warranty work done, so I didn't feel confident owning it without one), but I didn't think to check for "Running Boards" in the contract, as who knew that would go bad and be specifically excluded for some reason?
I think you'd have to take any "false" advertising claims up with MOPAR/FCA. Zeigler is just a reseller. They didn't create the advertising, FCA did.

esp1.jpg esp2.jpg

Attachments

• esp3.pdf
    614 KB · Views: 8

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it's crazy to think that would be covered under the "best" warranty. That's why I don't buy them.

I'm trying to get Ram to fix my Visors. Bought the truck brand new. Has 54K. Both Visors broke in the same week. The dealer I bought it from told me to contact Ram Cares. Ram Cares is currently saying they can't help. I've been on this forum since I purchased the truck. What? Am I missing something?

U

User_3336

I don't think it's crazy to think that would be covered under the "best" warranty. That's why I don't buy them.

I'm trying to get Ram to fix my Visors. Bought the truck brand new. Has 54K. Both Visors broke in the same week. The dealer I bought it from told me to contact Ram Cares. Ram Cares is currently saying they can't help. I've been on this forum since I purchased the truck. What? Am I missing something?
Are you under an active ESP contract?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to help with this if interested. There is only 1 module for the power side steps, are they confusing the motors as modules? Did the truck some from factory w/ the power side steps or were they a dealer add on? You can PM me your vehicle info and I would look into it a little, up to you.

Last edited:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at that warranty sure looks like the power steps would be included since it does not say they are not in exclusions and leads one to believe they will be.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I bet it’s how the dealership wrote it up. Body parts are not covered so if they start with that in the request I assume it would get turned down this is exactly why you shoul reach out to @RamCares. As pointed out HSKR R/t

Colt1945

Reaction score
I would love to help with this if interested. There is only 1 module for the power side steps, are they confusing the motors as modules? Did the truck some from factory w/ the power side steps or were they a dealer add on? You can PM me your vehicle info and I would look into it a little, up to you.
Pretty sure it was supposed to be motor, not sure why I wrote module. And yes the power side steps came with the truck. I'll PM you, I tried calling back the dealer for the LOP # as they didn't give it to me or write it up in a report, now they are giving me a run around, I may have to drive back over there to get any assistance.

Also not sure why people are posting the brochure/contract, I've read through it, no where does it show the power running boards in there, and since there is "exclusionary" language, it shouldn't be excluded at all, the only thing they specify is wear and tear, trim items, body panels. I don't believe a motor for a factory installed running board should be either of those three.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
First off it has nothing to do w/Ziegler. FCA/Mopar has purposely made it very difficult to utilize these warranties. For example as of April 1, 2023 they no longer allow any lifetime maxcare warranty holders, or dealers with a claim to speak to anyone. This was confirmed by 2 dealers and FCA warranty division via phone. The dealer has to send an email for a claim and it takes (2 weeks so far and waiting for my Durango claim) for approval. Some are waiting > a month. It's FCAs scummy way of forcing owners to pay to fix themselves.

Colt1945

Reaction score
Thanks to the feedback and advice from everyone.

I went back to the dealership and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step.

I well edit my post above!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the feedback and advise from everyone.

I went back to the dealership and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step.

I well edit my post above!
Makes s huge difference. My wife works in medical insurance field, and the codes entered when submitting claims make a HUGE difference. The same procedure can have several different codes depending on how and where it's getting done. Use the wrong one and insurance can deny it.

Users who are viewing this thread