5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

resonators delete

Joshua022

Reaction score
Has anyone deleted the front main and 2 rear resonators and left the stock muffler? I'm wanting just a bit more rumble than stock but not enough to **** off my neighbors. If anyone has done either or both even, did you have drone or is the factory muffler able to keep the drone toned down?

Thank you

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Although exhaust sound is subjective, I feel the B2 Fab moderate muffler with resonator delete kit provides just what you are looking for - great sound without being obnoxious. Not exactly what you are looking for, but here is a video I made when I replaced my muffler and deleted resonators. Video shows stock setup, B2 Fab Moderate Muffler with resonators, then B2 Fab muffler and resonator delete kit installed. Thought this might help with your research.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the B2 moderate muffler with rear reso delete on my '20 Ram and it sounded great and still had the reso in front of the muffler. I just installed the B2 moderate muffler on my '21 last night which still has the rear reso's, but does not have the front one from the factory. I will likely end up ordering the rear delete kit for this truck as well. If you're going to go through the trouble of removing the front resonator but leaving the stock muffler I don't think you will gain much as it is a huge muffler. I would say just replace the muffler and delete the rear resonators. The B2 has a nice deep rumble at idle and when cruising, and even on a cold start it wasn't overly obnoxious and tamed down quickly.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had the B2 moderate muffler with rear reso delete on my '20 Ram and it sounded great and still had the reso in front of the muffler. I just installed the B2 moderate muffler on my '21 last night which still has the rear reso's, but does not have the front one from the factory. I will likely end up ordering the rear delete kit for this truck as well. If you're going to go through the trouble of removing the front resonator but leaving the stock muffler I don't think you will gain much as it is a huge muffler. I would say just replace the muffler and delete the rear resonators. The B2 has a nice deep rumble at idle and when cruising, and even on a cold start it wasn't overly obnoxious and tamed down quickly.
I installed the rear resonator delete from B2 on my 2019...like the additional rumble, but hated the drone it created. I will not be doing this on my 2021.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the rear resonator delete from B2 on my 2019...like the additional rumble, but hated the drone it created. I will not be doing this on my 2021.
I know it is all subjective, but I had no drone in my 2020 and most of my driving for work is highway between 60 and 70. I had the 3.92's in it, and the new truck has the 3.21's so I'm hoping that doesn't cause any unwanted drone with the different RPM range. So far I haven't noticed any increase at my normal speeds, so I think I will end up deleting them on this truck as well.

Users who are viewing this thread