5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ReSetting Sirius XM Channels

tloon

Reaction score
I have the 8.4" screen with nav and Alpine. For the third week in a row I have to reset the preset Sirius XM channels on the radio. Just come out in the morning and they are all gone. Will reset no problem, but lasts only for a week. I know the 12" has had problems with this, but anyone else with the 8.4" having this problem?
Thanks

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 8.4" screen with nav and Alpine. For the third week in a row I have to reset the preset Sirius XM channels on the radio. Just come out in the morning and they are all gone. Will reset no problem, but lasts only for a week. I know the 12" has had problems with this, but anyone else with the 8.4" having this problem?
Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

WoodCountry

Reaction score
Thanks
After you set the presets the way you want them, are you adding them to the seat/mirror/radio memory by pressing the button ( 1 or 2 ) that corresponds to the key fob you're using? If you don't, then the truck doesn't remember them...

tloon

Reaction score
After you set the presets the way you want them, are you adding them to the seat/mirror/radio memory by pressing the button ( 1 or 2 ) that corresponds to the key fob you're using? If you don't, then the truck doesn't remember them...
Wow, did not know that. I will try that right now. This is my 3rd Ram 1500 with Sirius XM and first ( 2 ) no problem not doing that. ( All had memory seats etc. )
Thanks

C0ps

Reaction score
Thanks
I read people saying you have to complete your profile on the radio before it stores memory. I dont know how true that is. I havent played with presets yet

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Memory on the 2019s will save seat and mirror settings, as well as radio presets and HVAC temps, IIRC.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read people saying you have to complete your profile on the radio before it stores memory. I dont know how true that is. I havent played with presets yet
I have never set up a profile and my presets are always there. You should not have to save anything to keep the presets. Saving seat settings, mirror settings...has nothing to do with the presets. They are independent of each other.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never set up a profile and my presets are always there. You should not have to save anything to keep the presets. Saving seat settings, mirror settings...has nothing to do with the presets. They are independent of each other.
Check your manual. I had to go a personal data reset done to get my Uconnect app to work again....PITA to get the presets set for both the wife and I.

If you've never saved the memory settings they will not be linked to a keyfob and the above will not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread