5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset TPMS Tire Low Indicator

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I always assumed it was a combination between the tires and increased weight in front.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Is there a weight difference between a Rebel or other trims, or are they trying to manipulate it with the pressure instead?

The only thing I can think if is that the Duratracs have a certain characteristics on-road that suggest a 10 psi difference front/rear would improve.

What's interesting is that the current Chevy Silverado Trail Boss has 32" Duratracs, the tire pressure recommendation is 41 psi all around. I know there are different ply layers on Duratracs, maybe the pressure differences come from there.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
Yea all my other trucks I always ran 2-4 psi more in the Front. The rebels setup is a weird one

tbaker1032

Reaction score
I always assumed it was a combination between the tires and increased weight in front.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I agree. I would think the tires would make a difference but they say no. I swapped out for custom 20" wheels and 35" tires so I'd assume it would change the psi requirements.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Has anyone addressed why the Rebel seems to have the strange tire pressure (55/45) vs the other models of the same 1500 (for example a Limited at 36/36)? I haven't seen an explanation anywhere, maybe I missed it. I get the logic of the front having higher pressure due to that's where the vehicle weight is, but why is this not the case on the other models? Is it because the Rebel is considered the most off-road of the lineup? Scratching my head.
my 2019 Limited with Off road group has on the door sill psi 32/32

Zeeya

Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak At3w
How are you liking them? I’m at 35500 on the duratracs, but starting to look. Last 3 sets I bought were the KO2’s on previous vehicles. Duratracs are holding up good, but not going with another set.

ktl5005

Reaction score
How are you liking them? I’m at 35500 on the duratracs, but starting to look. Last 3 sets I bought were the KO2’s on previous vehicles. Duratracs are holding up good, but not going with another set.
So far good on the dry payment and rain. I got my used CPO so I missed testing in the winter and the ORG with e-locker, no LSD.
I had Duratracs on my Grand Cherokee and loved them, and once these run down likely get them again

troymi

Reaction score
my 2019 Limited with Off road group has on the door sill psi 32/32
You just answered my question. Search works. I just changed my Rebel from OE to the Falkens from ORG. So you see 32/32 on the door? That is really strange compared to the Duelers etc, but I'm going to try a little test. The TPMS light will make me crazy. Thanks again.

Rick J

Reaction score
Has anyone addressed why the Rebel seems to have the strange tire pressure (55/45) vs the other models of the same 1500 (for example a Limited at 36/36)? I haven't seen an explanation anywhere, maybe I missed it.
The Rebel comes with 275/70 R18 tires with a load rating of 125 (3638 lbs) and are 10 ply tires. The Limited comes with 275/55 R20 with a load rating of 113 (2535 lbs) and are 8 ply tires. The Rebel has bigger/tougher tires because it is expected to spend more time off road. I would have a concern running the tires 10 lbs under their rating from both a wear and safety standpoint. An article I read on why blowouts happen included this:

Underinflation

Underinflation is the easiest way to kill a tire. After all, air is what allows a tire to carry the weight of a vehicle and its cargo. Without proper air pressure, the internal components of the tire—fabric, steel, rubber, and composites—flex beyond their designed limits. What happens is much like bending a length of wire: Manipulate the metal long and far enough and it will overheat and snap. Try it with an old-style wire clothes hanger. (Warning: The failure point will be skin-burning hot.) Without proper air pressure, the tire's internal pieces will overflex, weaken, and, eventually, fail.

Now, please. I didn't post this to start an argument. I'm sure many have run their tires under inflated without adverse effect. Just posting what the "experts" say.:D

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been running 40-42 psi in my Duratracs since new and they are all wearing very little and very even. They are a great tire

BillyCrash

Reaction score
The Rebel comes with 275/70 R18 tires with a load rating of 125 (3638 lbs) and are 10 ply tires. The Limited comes with 275/55 R20 with a load rating of 113 (2535 lbs) and are 8 ply tires. The Rebel has bigger/tougher tires because it is expected to spend more time off road. I would have a concern running the tires 10 lbs under their rating from both a wear and safety standpoint. An article I read on why blowouts happen included this:

Underinflation

Underinflation is the easiest way to kill a tire. After all, air is what allows a tire to carry the weight of a vehicle and its cargo. Without proper air pressure, the internal components of the tire—fabric, steel, rubber, and composites—flex beyond their designed limits. What happens is much like bending a length of wire: Manipulate the metal long and far enough and it will overheat and snap. Try it with an old-style wire clothes hanger. (Warning: The failure point will be skin-burning hot.) Without proper air pressure, the tire's internal pieces will overflex, weaken, and, eventually, fail.

Now, please. I didn't post this to start an argument. I'm sure many have run their tires under inflated without adverse effect. Just posting what the "experts" say.:D
Ok, I get the higher pressure due to the different tires on the other models. What I'm still not getting is why 10psi higher on the front than the rear. Why not 55/55 or 45/45 for the Rebel vs the other models 36/36?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, I get the higher pressure due to the different tires on the other models. What I'm still not getting is why 10psi higher on the front than the rear. Why not 55/55 or 45/45 for the Rebel vs the other models 36/36?

Thinking main reason the difference is motor weight on front end whereas the bed in mostly empty.

iMatthew

Reaction score
Did this ever get answered? I swapped my wheels and tires. Now I have toyo AT3's. They ride like *** at 55/45. I aired them down to 38/30 and the ride is much better. However, now I have a warning light. How can I reprogram it?

Users who are viewing this thread