5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resale question?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This does not answer your question in any way. I am sorry, but I have to ask.

You seriously bought plane tickets and flew the family out before the truck was at the dealer? What? Did they track it to see when it will be there? I mean I would be pissed to land back at home and get the call that it just showed up from some bright cheery sales guy.

U

User_3336

That is a tough one. Especially with gas prices as they are currently, it may prove difficult to sell for original cost. However, MANY dealerships are currently adding a $10k premium to their trucks and blaming it on the "pandemic" and "chip shortage".
<market adjustment> depends on how greedy the dealer is.

Three RAM dealers within 40 miles of each other here.
1. $5,000 market adjustment. Dealer has about 20 Rams on the lot (no shortage).
2. NO market adjustment-MSRP. Dealer has about 18 Rams on the lot (no shortage).
3. $5,000 OFF MSRP. Dealer has 23 Rams on the lot (no shortage).

Who's sellling and who's got stock sitting here (again, no shortage)?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a reason why I see everyone talking about Mark Dodge? I live in the area and even I didn't use them. Trying to understand why so many seem to use them..
People get better deals out of state at other dealers. I’m in South Florida and I bought a four wheeler from a dealer in Mississippi. Saved almost $3000 vs the prices here. Plus you don’t have to pay sales tax when you buy it out of state. The truck is different because you’ll end up paying it here when you register it but a 4 wheeler I didn’t have to register it so I never had to pay sales tax.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, definitely helps my decision. I would like to rent a car, but they seem all out now stock too...really weird. Might just bite the bullet and fly I guess...
I would assume they’re paying a lot less now for used trucks. I wanted to order a 22 with options that I wanted and then turn this in but I have a feeling I’ll lose a lot of money in the process. I’m happy with my truck but there are options that I would prefer to have and considering I’m paying for a $40,000 truck I would rather pay for better options. I’m sure they also want to make their fair share of money when they turn around and sell it

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Longhorns are drop-dead beautiful and worth the wait.
Yep, absolutely! You know what they say: there ain’t no horn like a Longhorn.

Okay, nobody says that, but it’s still a beautiful truck.

@lastdon87, you’ll love your new truck once it does arrive. Safe travels home, and back, and back home again.

lastdon87

Reaction score
This does not answer your question in any way. I am sorry, but I have to ask.

You seriously bought plane tickets and flew the family out before the truck was at the dealer? What? Did they track it to see when it will be there? I mean I would be pissed to land back at home and get the call that it just showed up from some bright cheery sales guy.
I did, it was a calculated risk since I have a brother i wanted to see in Lake Charles anyways, and the kids had the week off for spring break. I figured the chances were pretty good that they would get the truck 1.5 hours down the road in 11 days...

lastdon87

Reaction score
Yep, absolutely! You know what they say: there ain’t no horn like a Longhorn.

Okay, nobody says that, but it’s still a beautiful truck.

@lastdon87, you’ll love your new truck once it does arrive. Safe travels home, and back, and back home again.
The truck will be shipped now, so won't have to worry about another round trip to Lake Charles....lol!

killerformula

Reaction score
I would rent a car and drive home in that. Chalk it up to a mistake. Keep in mind you'll also have to pay tax title for the truck you want to buy, that will eat significantly into your ability to break even or make any money on the deal.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Money.

money.gif
I ordered 2/9/2022 WS $70,425 my price with incentives ($3000) is $59,418. I’m in Washington state and MD is by far the best deal I could get. Even having to pay up to $2000 to get it shipped here if still comes out $9k below sticker.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably not. Carvana and Vroom want to give me $34,769 and $34,785 for my 21 ram 1500 night edition with only 2600 miles.
I am about to check mine out. Curious to see how bad things are now. Last year i was quote 52k by vroom

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am about to check mine out. Curious to see how bad things are now. Last year i was quote 52k by vroom
Pretty ****ty offers if you ask me. I too was under the impression they were paying people the same if not more than what people paid. could be a lot of variables at play as well.

U

User_3336

Pretty ****ty offers if you ask me. I too was under the impression they were paying people the same if not more than what people paid. could be a lot of variables at play as well.
They "WERE"..... It seems to be hitting a plateau. (Carvana/Vroom) Might be better off at a dealer.

lastdon87

Reaction score
Well, I figured I'd give a final update to my saga....lol. We ended up grabbing tickets with United on the 18th to fly home on the 19th, 7pm flight. Woke up on the 19th, and got the call from Mark Dodge that the truck was in at about 9:30 that morning. Pretty stoked getting the call,.we were really hoping to drive it home vs having it shipped.

The icing on the cake was the tickets were easily canceled and according to the app when I canceled, I will be refunded fully for everything (due to the covid stuff is my guess, because it didn't used to work like that). I fully believe it when it is credited back to my card though...haha.

Thanks for all the advice, really happy everything worked out in the end and we are currently zooming across Texas towards AZ in an absolutely amazing truck that we love!

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I figured I'd give a final update to my saga....lol. We ended up grabbing tickets with United on the 18th to fly home on the 19th, 7pm flight. Woke up on the 19th, and got the call from Mark Dodge that the truck was in at about 9:30 that morning. Pretty stoked getting the call,.we were really hoping to drive it home vs having it shipped.

The icing on the cake was the tickets were easily canceled and according to the app when I canceled, I will be refunded fully for everything (due to the covid stuff is my guess, because it didn't used to work like that). I fully believe it when it is credited back to my card though...haha.

Thanks for all the advice, really happy everything worked out in the end and we are currently zooming across Texas towards AZ in an absolutely amazing truck that we love!
Congratulations and safe travels!

U

User_3336

Just wondering, why did you chose the V6 with the 3.21?

lastdon87

Reaction score
Just wondering, why did you chose the V6 with the 3.21?
It's my wife's truck and she is a realtor that puts quite a few miles on and gas mileage was more of a priority. I have a Laramie 4x4 if we need to go off road or tow more. Honestly, the 3.6 seems to have plenty of power, just doesn't have the nice sound that the Hemi has...

aussie_ram

Reaction score

Great story, glad it all worked out! Truck looks beautiful too.

Users who are viewing this thread