5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing headliner, can I use (slightly?) different wiring harness? 2021 1500 Big Horn

llamaman6666

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2021 1500 Big Horn night edition. I love this truck, but the interior is very dark and bums me out. I really like the "Black / Light Frost Beige" interior and am planning to replace some of the interior components with ones of this color. Since I have headliner wiring harness P/N 68460425AA, the beige headliner I need is P/N 6YQ55HL1AA, and the best price I can find is upwards of $750 before shipping. I've found that some MOPAR reseller websites will list what appears to be some more "behind the scenes" part info that dealers, etc are privy to, including info about which options the headliner works with (speaker config, lamps, wiring harness P/N, etc). Here's this part on Jeep Parts Overstock, for example: 6YQ55HL1AA.

Coincidentally I found an ebay listing for a headliner from a 2019 that looks like it has the right configuration, and I located the P/N based on the VIN and wiring harness from the listing. This wiring harness is 68363066AD, and so the headliner P/N is 6RY85HL1AF. Here it is on Jeep Parts Overstock brand new for $160. Both of these parts list (verbatim) the same set of options for my truck, except with different wiring P/Ns:

[Rear Dome Lamp] OR [REAR DOME W/ON/OFF SWITCH LAMP] OR [LED Dome Lamp w/On/Off Switch], [9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer], [Headliner Parts Module], [JLW] Use With Wiring Tag Number XXXXXXXXXX

but the wiring harness numbers are different. I would love to save $600. Does anyone know what kind of differences I am likely to find with the different wiring harnesses? In the worst case should I expect to be able to pull the wiring harness of my old headliner and use with the new one, or is something likely to not line up correctly?

Thanks for reading and for any advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread