5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing KoadTech Security Bypass module

Stoeger08

Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out how to remove these damn connections? I believe they are in the canbus, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to squeeze them to release them… 2022 2500.. thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 29

DeanM2

Reaction score
Removed my post as it was for a 1500.

Last edited:

Stoeger08

Reaction score
As you are lying on your back under the dash, with your head towards the front of the vehicle, there are 2 connectors, side by side, that run parallel to the side of the car. On the side of the switches that is closest to the drivers side, there is a release mechanism. Run your fingers down the wire bundle until you get to the connector. As soon as you touch the connector, instead of feeling a flat surface across the side of the connector, you will feel a section in the middle that you must press toward the center of the connector. While pushing in that section, wiggle and pull on the wires to get the connector out.
Love the write up, but I’ve pinched this damn thing every which way. No budging with fingers. Are you sure you’re describing a 2500? I’m not sure if they’re all the same

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love the write up, but I’ve pinched this damn thing every which way. No budging with fingers. Are you sure you’re describing a 2500? I’m not sure if they’re all the same
Use a small screwdriver to press in on the catch in between the canbus block and connector body, and pry straight up:
IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5583.jpeg
Before you reinstall the bypass, use scissors to snip off the retaining tabs so you can easily pull the connectors out of the block in the future:
IMG_5585.jpeg
IMG_5586.jpeg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread