5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removed Power Running boards How to disable feature?

rcoles871

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2021 Limited 1500. I removed the power running boards and installed fixed OEM from my 2019 Laramie. I now get warning messages that the power running boards need service which I thought might happen. This prevents me from adjusting air ride height at times and poses other potential problems. I've never used Alpha ODB but have used JScan which is similar and I'm having a hard time finding the setting which I hope is there to delete them from the vehicle configuration. The only thing I've seen on with is a feature labeled "RBT Pass" and "RBT Drive" which may be it. I've Google searched but can't find out what the acronym RBT stands for. Any help would be appreciated. Still not sure if I'll sell teh boards or re-install when I trade (sure someone is bound to ask). Thanks RC

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2021 Limited 1500. I removed the power running boards and installed fixed OEM from my 2019 Laramie. I now get warning messages that the power running boards need service which I thought might happen. This prevents me from adjusting air ride height at times and poses other potential problems. I've never used Alpha ODB but have used JScan which is similar and I'm having a hard time finding the setting which I hope is there to delete them from the vehicle configuration. The only thing I've seen on with is a feature labeled "RBT Pass" and "RBT Drive" which may be it. I've Google searched but can't find out what the acronym RBT stands for. Any help would be appreciated. Still not sure if I'll sell teh boards or re-install when I trade (sure someone is bound to ask). Thanks RC
These are the three menu items I had to activate in order to have all the menus available on my truck. You should just need to deactivate them.
Screenshot_20200522-162345.png Screenshot_20200522-161956.png
Screenshot_20200522-161802.png

rcoles871

Reaction score
Update: I did not disable feature but warnings went away after a day or 2.

wildwrench

Reaction score
These are the three menu items I had to activate in order to have all the menus available on my truck. You should just need to deactivate them.
View attachment 82112 View attachment 82113
View attachment 82114
Hi I have done the conversion as you have shown.
i have no power step failure im the display. but I have now the following issue:
The air suspension „lowering“ won’t work while the car is standing!
Rising is ok. Lowering isn’t.
while the car is driving i can rise and lower it.
when standing i have the attached issue

also i have the isue that the easy entry with keyfob now dosn‘t work.
any ideas?

Attachments

• BCFF38C6-6BC2-415A-A648-C6B48ACB72A1.jpeg
    BCFF38C6-6BC2-415A-A648-C6B48ACB72A1.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Nozzleman

Reaction score
What are you doing with the ones you removed?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Hi I have done the conversion as you have shown.
i have no power step failure im the display. but I have now the following issue:
The air suspension „lowering“ won’t work while the car is standing!
Rising is ok. Lowering isn’t.
while the car is driving i can rise and lower it.
when standing i have the attached issue

also i have the isue that the easy entry with keyfob now dosn‘t work.
any ideas?
I would go through Alfa one more time and see if there are any other settings to do with the power steps. I have not disabled/enabled a set on a truck equipped with air suspension. Maybe @Jimmy07 might have some ideas as he is our resident Alfa guru.

schrome

Reaction score
looking for a set for 2020 dodge ram limited running boards, motor complete. Mine were stolen

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I'm looking for a complete set for 2020 dodge ram limiited w/power steps. mine were stolen
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't believe people steal steps off of trucks.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Its a shame. With the cost of the led tail lights, I'm surprised they don't get stolen more often. I'm sure locking the tail gate deters most of that though

wildwrench

Reaction score
I would go through Alfa one more time and see if there are any other settings to do with the power steps. I have not disabled/enabled a set on a truck equipped with air suspension. Maybe @Jimmy07 might have some ideas as he is our resident Alfa guru.
Tryed it several times.
Yeaha - Now it worked the last week wirh the security gateway adapter cable and obdlink mx plugged in..
but now as i disconnect the obd dongle and put both security gateway cables back into the gateway.. the failure comes again..
Do i have to simulate the security gateway the whole time?!

Users who are viewing this thread