5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove White Lettering on Tires

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I don't think you can remove the white raised lettering on the Bridgestone Duelers can you? I'm not really a fan of the White lettering. But I really don't want to go out and buy a new set of tires just because of that. Any suggestions for blacking them out? Sharpie? Paint? Anything that may last?

spaightlabs

Reaction score
It'll cost you about a buck or a buck fifty to get them dismounted, remounted and balanced.

Wire wheel, cut the letters off, magic markers....you guys are a trip.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
It'll cost you about a buck or a buck fifty to get them dismounted, remounted and balanced.

Where wheel, cut the letters of, magic markers....you guys are a trip.

That’s the best way to do it is have them remounted with the white letters on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Are they directional tires? If not putting letters to the inside shouldn't be a problem. Any tire shop can do this for u

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Option 1) leave white letters out, you will either get use to them, wear the tires out and replace with new tires without white letters.

Option 2) unmount and face white letters inside, black facing out. Probably cost $20 -$30 per wheel or so to remove, remount and rebalance.

Shouldn’t be that difficult a decision. Enjoy your new RAM!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, best option is get them flipped to black side out at tire shop.

I don't think the white is easy to remove either, the white color is deep in the rubber from the tires I've seen, they won't just rub or brush out.

swarggs

Reaction score
In case anyone's taking these wire wheel suggestions seriously :rolleyes:

The white lettering is actually a layer of white rubber all around the tire that is only exposed at the lettering. That's why when you rub a tire against a curb repeatedly the scuffs turn white. So taking a razor blade to it won't solve your problem. If anything, it'll make the white letters wider and uglier.
065f14399469612ca13008fe6571e2ef.jpg
590cbd6930bf8b2dd4c45882a389eeaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In case anyone's taking these wire wheel suggestions seriously :rolleyes:

I figured that was the case, I know one of the recommend cleaning methods to clean the white lettering is either acetone or a wire brush. If it was just paint, that would actually remove the white lettering instead of cleaning it.

U

User_21361

FYI- for those interested, my dealer is rotating my tires for $100 to put the white lettering on the inside. The ratio of $ to "smiles per mile" left on the tires is well worth it to me. I tried using a paint pen, but it only lasted a week or two.

whetrick1

Reaction score
FYI- for those interested, my dealer is rotating my tires for $100 to put the white lettering on the inside. The ratio of $ to "smiles per mile" left on the tires is well worth it to me. I tried using a paint pen, but it only lasted a week or two.

That's the best way to solve the problem is to turn the white lettering to the inside unless you want to buy new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/