5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove warning decals from the visors?

Rich

Reaction score
I pulled the stickers off first, which of course left the dried adhesive underneath. dabbed both visors with Goof Off, and used a very light steel wool to scrape the dried glue after the Goof Off dried. OUILAH!! No smell, no dried glue! You can't even tell the stickers were ever there!

How about some pictures?

Why did you let the goof off dry first? Did you try anything else or only the goof off? No oily residue left behind?

doublenichols

Reaction score
IMG_7761.jpeg

Oh yeah! It happened! All gone!!:D!! I used only the Goof Off and let it dry so it was a bit hardened and less sticky, which made it easy to brush off with the steel wool.

Last edited:

Rich

Reaction score
Was there any residue or evidence that you removed the label? It's hard to tell as your pictures don't have a close up.

How long did you let it dry?

It sure looks better! you

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty ballsy, but I could see nothing but those damned stickers when I look out of that big beautiful windshield. ...and I've removed them from ALL of my previous vehicles.

Would you upload close up pics please?

doublenichols

Reaction score
Was there any residue or evidence that you removed the label? It's hard to tell as your pictures don't have a close up.

How long did you let it dry?

It sure looks better! you

Yeah, there was evidence BIG TIME after immediately removing the label, and actually there's no real need to let it dry. You can blot with Goof Off and wipe with steel wool throughout the process. Close up pics will probably look the same, but trust me, there's nothing there. I'll try to post better pics. I don't know what results anyone else will have, and I wouldn't try it if you're skeptical. I'm anal about stuff like this, and I will work on something for hours/days if necessary. I was also prepared to order new visors if it didn't work, because I have no idea what they used at the factory, but they are STICKY AS HELL!! ...Stickier than usual considering previous Rams.

Rich

Reaction score
Yeah, there was evidence BIG TIME after immediately removing the label, and actually there's no real need to let it dry. You can blot with Goof Off and wipe with steel wool throughout the process. Close up pics will probably look the same, but trust me, there's nothing there. I'll try to post better pics. I don't know what results anyone else will have, and I wouldn't try it if you're skeptical. I'm anal about stuff like this, and I will work on something for hours/days if necessary. I was also prepared to order new visors if it didn't work, because I have no idea what they used at the factory, but they are STICKY AS HELL!! ...Stickier than usual considering previous Rams.

Thanks! I wonder if new visors were ordered from the dealer, if the label was a separate part? That would be cool if they came without the label!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was a joke..hence the laughing emoji.
I know... lol, the rolling eyes were meant as a "I wish" response... should've fleshed out my response better. You'd think after all these years they'd switch to a temporary sticker by now.

KcRay

Reaction score
Maybe even a magic marker to black them out would be better than the yellow there now. I just don't have the patience for tedious projects, I would end up ripping the fabric and making it look worse, I'm sure. :unsure:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've removed exterior stone guards from Porsche 911 fenders that were beat up by road debris using a clothes steamer. It heats the glue to the point where you can just peel the guard off the painted surface without damaging the paint. I bet it does the same for the visors.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
bringing to life this older topic but I was also finding solutions to get rid of the sticker. I did it on my previous car with some spiritus and it went quite well but on my Limited truck, the fabric is different. it has those small "hairs" instead of a fake leather sun visor.

I am scared to use the spiritus here and I am also scared of using a heat gun and making it worse then it is. On my previous car I removed the sun visor. Is it easy to remove the sun visor on our trucks?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
bringing to life this older topic but I was also finding solutions to get rid of the sticker. I did it on my previous car with some spiritus and it went quite well but on my Limited truck, the fabric is different. it has those small "hairs" instead of a fake leather sun visor.

I am scared to use the spiritus here and I am also scared of using a heat gun and making it worse then it is. On my previous car I removed the sun visor. Is it easy to remove the sun visor on our trucks?
Is that spiritus as in the stuff you drink 190 proof?
1654783284199.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread