5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove warning decals from the visors?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just checked. They are about $85 from Mopar Parts. It's hard to tell if that is a complete visor with the mirror and Homelink buttons or if you have to swap out that stuff.
$85 each?

Dewey

Reaction score
Did the fabric get stretched out at all? It's hard to tell from that pic. If you can't remove the adhesive, I'm sure dirt will stick to that spot and end up looking like :poop:. I'll wait until you report back about removing the adhesive before I jump in. :cautious:
After everything dried up after scrubbing a bit with isopropyl alcohol I have a light outline of the adhesive. Not terrible and still looks better than the stickers but I want the visor to be perfectly clean. I need to pick up some Goo Gone adhesive remover. Sounds like that works well and won’t damage the fabric. I’ll report back when done on how it went.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
After everything dried up after scrubbing a bit with isopropyl alcohol I have a light outline of the adhesive. Not terrible and still looks better than the stickers but I want the visor to be perfectly clean. I need to pick up some Goo Gone adhesive remover. Sounds like that works well and won’t damage the fabric. I’ll report back when done on how it went.

Isn't Goo Gone kind of oily?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The guy in the video you posted said Goo Gone is what ruined his visors. I've kinda stopped using it. Seems to leave a nasty residue. The guy in the video said IPA didn't work, but that's been my go to for sticker residue anymore.

Dewey

Reaction score
The guy in the video you posted said Goo Gone is what ruined his visors. I've kinda stopped using it. Seems to leave a nasty residue. The guy in the video said IPA didn't work, but that's been my go to for sticker residue anymore.
Guess I missed that part. Thought he said Goof Off since it’s a lot harsher chemicals. I’ll have to watch it again. I have a few other options I’ll try first. Maybe I’ll just leave as is, actually pretty darn good already so maybe I shouldn’t even mess with it anymore.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
some recommend WD40 as well but I am not sure, as it also makes it too greasy in my opinion.

I am happy with my result. When you shine with a bright light on it, you see where it was. And also cause we, as owners know, but when I replaced it back in the car, even in direct sunlight, it is difficult to see. And especially when you don't know how it was before, like passengers driving along, they do not even notice.

Dewey

Reaction score
Goo Gone did the trick for me. After doing the hair dryer trick there was very little glue residue left anyway. As far as oil residue from the Goo Gone I don’t see any on my black visors. Very happy to finally have clean looking visors again without bright ugly stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread