5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove dealer sticker

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all,

My 19 Ltd has 2 dealer stickers on the tailgate, the “standard” fake chrome dealer name one on the left and a stupid web address .com on the right bottom, just above the bumper. I’d like to “de-badge” both of them. I dont own a heat gun but could borrow the wifes hair dryer. Whats the best way?

596710C0-3915-4F43-9222-FC2C49136337.jpeg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't think a hair dryer will do the job... you'll need a bit more power. if they're both raised decals, fishing line and GooGone might work.

Those are some of the smaller and less offensive dealer stickers I've seen... not the end of the world.

Barney556180

Reaction score
I had a similar dealer vinyl decal on my Laramie. I parked it in the sun for a bit, picked the pieces off easily with my thumb nail, a little wax and it was done. Took about 5 minutes

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If it’s stick on letters, use fishing line and “saw” them off. You can remove the glue with goo gone or rapid remover.
If it were me, I would have the dealer do it. They have no business putting their name on YOUR truck.

Cheers,

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I’ll try the fishing line.

On another point, I’ve tried applying for the $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate that other threads have talked about, I consistently get the error message that “This VIN does not match the make model year of an eligible vehicle, please enter an eligible vehicle’s VIN to continue.” I have tried it 4 times, and confirmed the VIN by googling it and I get my same truck. Anyone else have this issue?

Zinger

Reaction score
Warm them up with the hair dryer and they will come off easy with a fingernail. WD-40 on a rag will take off any remaining residue. Let it dry, and then wash the area and you're golden. Easy job, don't worry.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Like zinger said, hairdryer and fingernail (carefully) and wd40 or similar will remove glue.

As far as the $250 rebate they have been having trouble with the vins. It’s been happening for a while now. Maybe it’s to discourage people? Lol. Call them and they will mail/email you the actual app. It’s an extra step but definitely do it because you will get a check.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

On another point, I’ve tried applying for the $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate that other threads have talked about, I consistently get the error message that “This VIN does not match the make model year of an eligible vehicle, please enter an eligible vehicle’s VIN to continue.” I have tried it 4 times, and confirmed the VIN by googling it and I get my same truck. Anyone else have this issue?

If you haven't already done so, try entering the VIN with all uppercase letters.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
They slapped one on mine and I told them to remove it before I picked it up.

SSN765

Reaction score
Purchased from same dealer. Just pulled them off using my finger; hardly any residue left behind after removal. They are stuck on one of my tool boxes now.

DeanKing

Reaction score
The one precondition of my special order was no stickers. They still put one on and I did t notice it until I got home. Not wanting to make a special trip I ordered a scraper with plastic razor blades from amazon. That took it right off and a little goo gone cleaned up what was left. No scratches from the plastic blades.

vargona09

Reaction score

Call them. They told me they’ve been having issues with it. They emailed me the pdf form. I just filled it out and emailed back. Good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread