5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remote start ineffective??

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Come on guys. It's a pickup truck, not a day spa. It's not wrapping you in a snuggie and giving a foot massage. Next we need a steering wheel adapter for a manicure.

When it's cold out it heats up. When it's hot out it cools down. When it is in between, it just runs.

@crusher mine has auto temperature control and it still works like @Idahoktm highlighted. Once the day starts warming up the heat nor heated seats come on. When its cold out, it toasts up the cab nicely.

ramhouston

Reaction score
No.... mine blows HIGH, just did it this am, not warmed up, manually started. I turn fan speed down till it warms.
well i mean yeah you’re able to manually select the fan speed if you physically get into the vehicle and push start it Lol. one is unable to control the fan speed/temperature if the vehicle is remote started though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No.... mine blows HIGH, just did it this am, not warmed up, manually started. I turn fan speed down till it warms.
Are you using the "auto" climate control option?

Sanders

Reaction score
My HVAC blower will not come in at all and the seats are a sometimes ( below 40). Really stupid that my brand new truck will not defrost the windows when I use the remote start. Once I get in and push the start button to take it out of remote start THEN the blower motor will turn on and start to defrost the window and warm the truck up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My HVAC blower will not come in at all and the seats are a sometimes ( below 40). Really stupid that my brand new truck will not defrost the windows when I use the remote start. Once I get in and push the start button to take it out of remote start THEN the blower motor will turn on and start to defrost the window and warm the truck up.
Something is wrong and should probably take it to dealer to report issue.

Sanders

Reaction score
Been in two times and another next week. I keep getting “it has the latest software version “. I have been playing nice but am over it with the dealer!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been in two times and another next week. I keep getting “it has the latest software version “. I have been playing nice but am over it with the dealer!
Going to have to start being a little less passive and start making demands. Just saying it has latest software version isn't a solution

Users who are viewing this thread