5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remote start ineffective??

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
could you kindly elaborate?
During winter, with recirculate on, the humidity can build up and cause windows to fog over. Pretty sure even with recirculate on, the truck will cycle in fresh air every now and then.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
i’m not following.. elaborate please
The heat may not blow until the engine comes up to operating temperature. I elaborated in my first post and also linked my thread regarding this

jessed1

Reaction score
does anybody find the remote start to be ineffective climate control wise?? when i leave in the morning to go to work its about 45 - 55 degrees which is considered semi cold/chilly here in Houston. anyways.. i remote start my truck 5-7 minutes prior to walking out the house. when i do get into the truck i feel the climate control isn't even working effectively. i put my hands up to the vents and can HARDLY notice any hot air blowing out.
anybody else experience this because i hope i am not the only one???
I use mine all the time (Syracuse, temps do get cold). 27 out the other day and in 5-7 minutes the cab feels like a sauna (so said my GF when she opened the window).

ramhouston

Reaction score
I use mine all the time (Syracuse, temps do get cold). 27 out the other day and in 5-7 minutes the cab feels like a sauna (so said my GF when she opened the window).
i do recall having instances where the HVAC works hard during remote starts while under 40 degrees fahrenheit. anything 41 - 55 and it’s just like meh.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Ok but the same principle may still apply

The heat may not blow until the engine comes up to operating temperature. I elaborated in my first post and also linked my thread regarding this
i’m pretty darn confident the physical “auto” button on our headunits has no effect on our remote starts. unless there’s a misinterpretation on my end based on what you’re typing.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
In auto, my 17 would wait till the engine was producing some heat before it ramped up the fan, my 2019 blasts air the whole time regardless of temp. I really miss that feature. The temp control was also much tighter in the 17.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually only use the seat heaters if it's chilly. I guess I should probably turn on the heat to make sure it works, but I have another 2 years on the warranty, so have time. Have to pick a day when the morning temps are in the 40's. :cool:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In auto, my 17 would wait till the engine was producing some heat before it ramped up the fan, my 2019 blasts air the whole time regardless of temp. I really miss that feature. The temp control was also much tighter in the 17.
My 2020 starts low until coolant temp increases. Might need a software update

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it does seem like something is wrong in your 2019

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
i’m pretty darn confident the physical “auto” button on our headunits has no effect on our remote starts. unless there’s a misinterpretation on my end based on what you’re typing.
This really isnt that hard to figure out bud. Do me a favor, next time you remote start the truck, instead of letting it run for only 5 or 7 minutes like you currently say you do, let it run for 15 minutes to give the engine time to get to operating temperature then see if the heat is blowing.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
does anybody find the remote start to be ineffective climate control wise?? when i leave in the morning to go to work its about 45 - 55 degrees which is considered semi cold/chilly here in Houston. anyways.. i remote start my truck 5-7 minutes prior to walking out the house. when i do get into the truck i feel the climate control isn't even working effectively. i put my hands up to the vents and can HARDLY notice any hot air blowing out.
anybody else experience this because i hope i am not the only one???
Remote start.jpg

GMetal

Reaction score
The user manual is terrible. If -this- please refer to a totally separate manual that covers 10 systems and still wont define the function you are looking up.. We cant define anything because words are expensive. Its like they used fiverr to write it.

ramhouston

Reaction score
This really isnt that hard to figure out bud. Do me a favor, next time you remote start the truck, instead of letting it run for only 5 or 7 minutes like you currently say you do, let it run for 15 minutes to give the engine time to get to operating temperature then see if the heat is blowing.
remote start doesn’t go past 10 minutes last time i checked…

Users who are viewing this thread