5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote keyless entry with all secure not working

AK11

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 big horn and according to my window sticker the truck came equipped with the RKE w/ all secure but I still have to press unlock on the fob to get the doors to unlock and there is no option to set it up in the uconnect settings. I thought this feature allowed you to unlock the truck just by grabbing the handle as long as the fob was within 5 feet of the truck. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I’d appreciate it!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just a thought, when i first got mine, I had a habit of having my thumb on the little handle button as I grabbed the main handle, this was kind of causing the handle to lock and unlock at the same time, which caused it to do nothing at all. Just make sure,(you probably have already), that you grab the handle cleanly.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 big horn and according to my window sticker the truck came equipped with the RKE w/ all secure but I still have to press unlock on the fob to get the doors to unlock and there is no option to set it up in the uconnect settings. I thought this feature allowed you to unlock the truck just by grabbing the handle as long as the fob was within 5 feet of the truck. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I’d appreciate it!
The feature that you have is is exactly what it says it is - RKE- remote keyless entry. That means you use the fob to remotely unlock the truck to enter it without having to use the physical key to unlock the door. You are thinking of the optional feature called remote proximity keyless entry. You can add it to your truck- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/adding-passive-entry-how-to.22274/

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The feature that you have is is exactly what it says it is - RKE- remote keyless entry. That means you use the fob to remotely unlock the truck to enter it without having to use the physical key to unlock the door. You are thinking of the optional feature called remote proximity keyless entry. You can add it to your truck- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/adding-passive-entry-how-to.22274/
ahhh...good catch, thought he had the magic handle like my Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread