5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REGEN Pages Added To MY2022

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
This may not be news or a big deal to some folks. However I think it is awesome. Was reviewing the 2022 owners manual for my 2022 ordered truck (that I currently don't and probably won't have in my possession for some time to come) and noticed that RAM has added a layer of system messages that indicate REGEN status. Looking forward to being able to observe built-in REGEN status on the fly--once I get my 🛻. Until then, I imagine it will be nice. I recon it will be cool. It ought to be nice.

For folks that already have their trucks, what are your impressions?

2021-12-17 (2).png 2021-12-17 (3).png

Attachments

• 2021-12-17.png
    2021-12-17.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 36

tom318

Reaction score
I think I would like this though id have some anxiety if I pulled into work and got the message I need to drive on the highway for an extended period or I was only 50% through a regen. Maybe somethings are better left unknown. Not sure what my boss would say if I told him I need to be 20min late because my truck wants to be driven more. All that being said, I still want this.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may not be news or a big deal to some folks. However I think it is awesome. Was reviewing the 2022 owners manual for my 2022 ordered truck (that I currently don't and probably won't have in my possession for some time to come) and noticed that RAM has added a layer of system messages that indicate REGEN status. Looking forward to being able to observe built-in REGEN status on the fly--once I get my 🛻. Until then, I imagine it will be nice. I recon it will be cool. It ought to be nice.

For folks that already have their trucks, what are your impressions?
I have the exact same verbiage on page 114 of my 2021 manual but nothing like that exists in my truck. And I'd bet 99.99% of the 2021 owners also do not have this capability.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
I have the exact same verbiage on page 114 of my 2021 manual but nothing like that exists in my truck. And I'd bet 99.99% of the 2021 owners also do not have this capability.
Very interesting. My '20 did not have these pages. Perhaps the '22s will have the actual functionality. Wondering if they can "turn it on" in the 21's if the capability is already there.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see...my owner's manual refers to GPS on several pages which I'll take as "Go Pound Sand" when it comes to DPF messages! ;)

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None of those messages are new, we had them all in our Gen 2 engines. They are all warning messages and will not be presented during normal operation. My '15 displayed the "80% full message once in 60k miles, and once that one pops you'll be told to keep driving and you'll see the % drop. The "truck wont start" message will occur every time your almost empty on DEF. The "dealer service" will happen if your driving environment never completes that 80% warning and you reach 100% DPF full.

So nothing new here and it probably didn't hurt any that it wasn't in the manual before because most owners won't see these message onther than the DEF level ones.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
My ‘21 has these pages. Never want to see any of those messages as it means that something is likely going wrong with your SCR/DPF system. Nothing has popped up yet on mine in 6 months and 12000k of ownership.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you drive primarily short trips you are more likely to see the regen messages. Just finish it if it occurs and you'll be fine as there's nothing wrong other than your driving habits.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard that the previous gens did have the info pages. Wonder why they went away from it and now it appears they are going back to them again.
They have always had this. I wouldn’t call them “pages”, they’re just messages, such as a headlamp out message. Most owners will never see any of these messages on the EVIC, unless there’s an issue.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
They have always had this. I wouldn’t call them “pages”, they’re just messages, such as a headlamp out message. Most owners will never see any of these messages on the EVIC, unless there’s an issue.
In the 11K miles I drove my '20 EcoDiesel, most of it interstate driving, never once saw any messages, icons, idiot lights, etc. that indicated REGEN was in progress. From my own user experience, I'm happy about the fact that these statuses will be made available during its operation.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard that the previous gens did have the info pages. Wonder why they went away from it and now it appears they are going back to them again.
It was not in the manual, we had a separate diesel supplement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the 11K miles I drove my '20 EcoDiesel, most of it interstate driving, never once saw any messages, icons, idiot lights, etc. that indicated REGEN was in progress. From my own user experience, I'm happy about the fact that these statuses will be made available during its operation.
The info from the owners manual that you posted is the exact same info in all the other owners manuals since the eco diesel came out, just like the 2015 manual @bill-e posted above. Same messages. You will not get a notification when there is a regular active regen in progress, only when the filter is fuller than it should be, just like any other model year. You never saw any of these messages because you never had any issues, and you will probably never see these messages on the 2022 either. Unless I’m missing something specific in the screenshot of the manual section you posted, and you can highlight the specific feature you’re talking about?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen the message regarding the exhaust filter being full and a to drive on the highway to perform a regen only once during the first lockdown when I was off work and barely driving. Haven’t seen it since.

I think knowing the dpf regen and filter status would be a nice feature to have available from factory.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen the message regarding the exhaust filter being full and a to drive on the highway to perform a regen only once during the first lockdown when I was off work and barely driving. Haven’t seen it since.

I think knowing the dpf regen and filter status would be a nice feature to have available from factory.
The HD Rams with the Cummins has an EVIC screen you can pull up (similar to the fuel economy screen) that displays the current DPF percentage status and when it is in an active regen.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
The info from the owners manual that you posted is the exact same info in all the other owners manuals since the eco diesel came out, just like the 2015 manual @bill-e posted above. Same messages. You will not get a notification when there is a regular active regen in progress, only when the filter is fuller than it should be, just like any other model year. You never saw any of these messages because you never had any issues, and you will probably never see these messages on the 2022 either. Unless I’m missing something specific in the screenshot of the manual section you posted, and you can highlight the specific feature you’re talking about?
I would have expected to see the message or indicator that says "Regeneration in process..." (or similar). Never saw any such indication. From what I am reading in the manual, you should see this message during normal operation and regeneration is ongoing. Is that incorrect?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have expected to see the message or indicator that says "Regeneration in process..." (or similar). Never saw any such indication. From what I am reading in the manual, you should see this message during normal operation and regeneration is ongoing. Is that incorrect?
I have not noticed any message under normal operation that a regen is in progress. Only once when my dpf was nearly full have I seen this message. It’s to bad the messages from the Cummins equipped trucks cannot be enabled on the ecodiesel trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread