5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduction in sound quality when turning the stereo up

nambrose

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the way to bypass the reduction of sound quality when turning up the radio to volumes over 18-20? I’ve added a amp and a custom built box w comp subs. Nothing distorts but I reduces any loudness when I turn it up . At 15 it rocks but unfortunately I have a nice system that I want to hear outside if need be . Thanks

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have found that an ANC bypass helps with this

jafr113

Reaction score
If you haven't bypassed the ANC try that first. With any type of sub you need to do this.
My radio would undulate, the volume would go up and down, not drastically, but noticeably. The sound quality was subpar also. Once I installed 2 amps, speakers in the 4 doors and a sub, it stopped the undulation. I could unhook the amp and just run off of the head unit, it would come back. My thought is that the amp in the stereo has some type of issue. It does not need to push any real power with the external amp in place, so no clipping.
The dealer replaced my stereo, problem solved. It helped the volume some but still no real gain after probably 25, this is with no external amp. Sound quality improved also. With the external amp hooked up, I've never had it over 25, so I can't say.

Users who are viewing this thread