5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon LED Headlights

greenwae

Reaction score
All i need to do is tint the 3rd brake light to match them
I just did my 3rd brake light last week. I used Vvivid vinyl in the lighter smoke color. I still wanted to see the red, just toned down. I also upgraded the bulbs to balance out the light loss from the tint and get the better white color. It turned out great and super easy to do. i didn't have a heat gun, but a hair dryer was plenty strong enough to stretch it.

Bruins5515

Reaction score
How do these compare to the Morimoto LED lights?

Having installed both on my truck, i think brightness and output is pretty much the same, the cutoff line on the recons is a bit better. i also prefer the look of the recons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidn0021

Reaction score
Having installed both on my truck, i think brightness and output is pretty much the same, the cutoff line on the recons is a bit better. i also prefer the look of the recons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Recons look more like the stock/OEM LEDs. The Morimotos definitely look different. But good to know the quality and performance of the units are the same. Thanks!

Broly

Reaction score
The Recons look more like the stock/OEM LEDs. The Morimotos definitely look different. But good to know the quality and performance of the units are the same. Thanks!
Does the Recons require a fuse tap to run DRLs only?

davidn0021

Reaction score
Does the Recons require a fuse tap to run DRLs only?

Good question. Based on looking at some reviews and vids on either headlights, I believe if you already have the factory LEDs, it's plug-and-play, otherwise you may need a harness with a fuse to run DRLs if switching from the halogen set. But don't quote me on that! I was gonna give Headlight Revolution a call and inquire about both and how they'd work with DRLs.

Kyles

Reaction score
Heres a pic of just drl

Attachments

• 87BBA6E5-D9C4-46A7-B919-96726AC48E9E.png
    87BBA6E5-D9C4-46A7-B919-96726AC48E9E.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 95

Zackb347

Reaction score
Hey how have these held up over time? Just got in touch with someone at recon to see about getting a set. Been debating back and forth for about a week now between the recons and the Mopar leds

Kyles

Reaction score
Hey how have these held up over time? Just got in touch with someone at recon to see about getting a set. Been debating back and forth for about a week now between the recons and the Mopar leds
No complaints they’re holding up well. The main differences is the hi and lo beam design are different from mopar and they have a sequential turn signal which i love

Zackb347

Reaction score
No complaints they’re holding up well. The main differences is the hi and lo beam design are different from mopar and they have a sequential turn signal which i love
That’s good news, I’ll pull the trigger on the recons then. Cant get rid of these halogens fast enough lol thanks

Users who are viewing this thread