5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation/Suggestion for Speedometer Correction and More

StickVA

Reaction score
Now that I have upgrade my tires I'd like to get my speedometer corrected for the larger size. I think there are some simple devices, such as JScan, that can be used to just correct the speedometer. However, I'm thinking of spending a few extra $ to gain more control/access of the system with a product such as Tazer. I would welcome any thoughts on what devices are available and what the folks on this forum might recommend. Thanks in advance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Alfaobd on the Android appstore, and a bluetooth ODB2 scanner along with a SWG bypass module.
Should be able to get it all for just under $100.

Tazer is a very expensive SWG bypass module that has some "live features" where it trucks the truck to do some unintended things like folding in mirrors when parked, nav in motion, camera in motion but lots of these don't work on 2022, and I can assume 2023s either.

Alfaobd gives you more control of your truck and you can set things like tire sizes, change the heat settings on your steering wheel, raise and lower your airbags to properly level your truck, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alfaobd on the Android appstore, and a bluetooth ODB2 scanner along with a SWG bypass module.

Tazer is a very expensive SWG bypass module that has some "live features" where it trucks the truck to do some unintended things like folding in mirrors when parked, nav in motion, camera in motion but lots of these don't work on 2022, and I can assume 2023s either.

Alfaobd gives you more control of your truck and you can set things like tire sizes, change the heat settings on your steering wheel, raise and lower your airbags to properly level your truck, etc.
There are also several issues with alfaObd, and I can assume jscan, on the 2023 trucks. Kind of a pick your poison at this point.

If I had to pick one, I'd choose TazerDT for the added live features, and ease of making changes. Especially if they get it working properly with UC5.

StickVA

Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm an Apple guy. Does Alfaobd work with the iPhone or Android only?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm an Apple guy. Does Alfaobd work with the iPhone or Android only?
Nope.
There is an Android app or Windows program.

You can buy a old used Android phone off ebay cheap though.
You can use a Windows laptop that has Bluetooth also, but people say it is harder to use.

StickVA

Reaction score
Nope.
There is an Android app or Windows program.

You can buy a old used Android phone off ebay cheap though.
You can use a Windows laptop that has Bluetooth also, but people say it is harder to use.
Rgr. That makes sense. I could definitely get an old phone. Thx.

Rightside

Reaction score
Thread is a year old. Any update? Looking for an easy way to correct speedometer. Alpha still best bang for buck? Can someone post some links to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread