5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Bricked My Stereo

Tjaero

Reaction score
Dealer tried doing the update for the backup camera recall, and managed to get the stereo stuck in a boot loop. They’re apparently trying to order me another uConnect unit, but no ETA on it.

I’d try updating it myself, as it seems to be trying to reinstall the update, but the files aren’t available when I type my VIN into the website.

If you can avoid this recall, I’d try to for a while.

Attachments

• 7D439C11-2D44-4B8A-8B69-E1E1ED09FF86.jpeg
    7D439C11-2D44-4B8A-8B69-E1E1ED09FF86.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 16D333B4-550E-4258-943C-9FD67966F7F9.jpeg
    16D333B4-550E-4258-943C-9FD67966F7F9.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 35

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer tried doing the update for the backup camera recall, and managed to get the stereo stuck in a boot loop. They’re apparently trying to order me another uConnect unit, but no ETA on it.

I’d try updating it myself, as it seems to be trying to reinstall the update, but the files aren’t available when I type my VIN into the website.

The website won't give you access to the update files anyways. There is a thread here with a Google drive link that should have the file you need.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Have your got the Uconnect unit in yet? Please send us a PM if you need any additional assistance, our team is always here to help.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread