5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: 2021 Ram 1500 with HEMI® eTorque For Stalling

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine updated Friday morning.
The only time mine ever felt like it could stall was first cold start of the day and with very low throttle input for the acceleration from my driveway onto my street and coming out of the first turn three houses down from mine. After that it works fine.

Last couple mornings, the hesitation/bogging seems to be less, but it is still there. It is like there's something weird with the throttle input angle and the amount of fuel being delivered.
Feels very similar to being in too high of a gear at low rpm and pressing lightly on the accelerator without downshifting.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are lying out their butts. Mine has shut off 3 times now and its a 2022 model. It did it last week when I pulled away from a stop sign. In the middle of traffic. I am pissed but I already took it to Autonation and they said they fixed it. They did not.
Is autonation a Ram dealer?

Conundrum

Reaction score
Feels very similar to being in too high of a gear at low rpm and pressing lightly on the accelerator without downshifting.
Mine has felt like this when not coming to a complete stop. Slow enough I thought it would shift down to 1st but it stays in 2nd. I'll hit the gas to keep going and it wants to fall flat of its face.

I wonder if it is a shift program issue.

Thundersnow

Reaction score
At dealer now having my 21’ limited updated. Only a few stall outs, mainly at stop signs in my past experience. I did have an injector fail a few months back as well. I am wondering what the long term reliability will be now that I have 30k + miles of running too rich. Spark plugs and pistons are most likely filled with carbon at this point. I sure hope to see some better mileage after the update. I wrote up a thread a while back about my exceptionally poor MPG and seemed to be in a minority group of unfortunate individuals. To those who have had the update already, have you noticed any performance gains? Will check-in here once I get the truck back.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At dealer now having my 21’ limited updated. Only a few stall outs, mainly at stop signs in my past experience. I did have an injector fail a few months back as well. I am wondering what the long term reliability will be now that I have 30k + miles of running too rich. Spark plugs and pistons are most likely filled with carbon at this point. I sure hope to see some better mileage after the update. I wrote up a thread a while back about my exceptionally poor MPG and seemed to be in a minority group of unfortunate individuals. To those who have had the update already, have you noticed any performance gains? Will check-in here once I get the truck back.

Mine has a bit more oomph at WOT.
MPG seems a bit better too.
But not a miraculous improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online