5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: 2021 Ram 1500 with HEMI® eTorque For Stalling

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RECALL: 2021 Ram 1500 with HEMI® eTorque For Stalling​

PCM Software May Cause Vehicle To Stall...​

1682010889372.png

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) is recalling approximately 131,700 units of their 2021 Ram 1500 pickups equipped with 5.7-liter (345 cubic-inch) HEMI® V8 with the eTorque mild-hybrid system.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely want this looked at on my truck. Every time I go through a specific yield intersection my truck would stall out and die and flash a bunch of lights. If I turned off the auto start stop function and went through the same intersection it wouldn’t happen.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely want this looked at on my truck. Every time I go through a specific yield intersection my truck would stall out and die and flash a bunch of lights. If I turned off the auto start stop function and went through the same intersection it wouldn’t happen.
If it only happens when stop/start is enabled I guess this recall wouldn't have affected my 2021 since I had an autostop eliminator installed. Not that it matters since I traded that truck in last June LOL.

teamroper60

Reaction score
I called my dealer about this recall today. They said they dont have the software yet to do it and will notify me when its available.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I called my dealer about this recall today. They said they dont have the software yet to do it and will notify me when its available.
Hello,

If you can please send us a PM on this, our team would like to look further into this for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Robman700

Reaction score
I was in the dealership yesterday getting an alignment done. They performed the software update for me.

Conundrum

Reaction score
A few times I have been coasting up a hill to an intersection, I would slow almost to a stop then hit the gas and the truck would feel like it wanted to fall flat on its face. Maybe this is it.

Also, does anyone know if this would mess with any settings changed with AlfaOBD?

teamroper60

Reaction score
Hello,

If you can please send us a PM on this, our team would like to look further into this for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
Thanks but no need, the dealer called the next day and I have it scheduled. Appreciate your concern/interest.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks but no need, the dealer called the next day and I have it scheduled. Appreciate your concern/interest.

We are glad to hear that they were able to assist you. Please let us know if you run into any issues. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
A few times I have been coasting up a hill to an intersection, I would slow almost to a stop then hit the gas and the truck would feel like it wanted to fall flat on its face. Maybe this is it.

Also, does anyone know if this would mess with any settings changed with AlfaOBD?

Would yours throw an error on the dash? i.e 'Shift to P then..." or is it just slow/rough to shift?
Mine [2020 with Etorque] has been acting up the past few months with various electronic gremlins.

RamCares

Reaction score
Just checked my app, my is subject to the recall....
Please keep us posted on the recall repair, as it is important to us. Should you need any assistance, please reach out to us directly. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Conundrum

Reaction score
Please keep us posted on the recall repair, as it is important to us. Should you need any assistance, please reach out to us directly. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
Everything went fine. I was in and out of the dealership in about 45 minutes. The throttle feels a little more responsive now.

Fordication

Reaction score

RECALL: 2021 Ram 1500 with HEMI® eTorque For Stalling​

PCM Software May Cause Vehicle To Stall...​

View attachment 156972

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) is recalling approximately 131,700 units of their 2021 Ram 1500 pickups equipped with 5.7-liter (345 cubic-inch) HEMI® V8 with the eTorque mild-hybrid system.

They are lying out their butts. Mine has shut off 3 times now and its a 2022 model. It did it last week when I pulled away from a stop sign. In the middle of traffic. I am pissed but I already took it to Autonation and they said they fixed it. They did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/