5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel with on demand 4wd

Spe1996

Reaction score
I read that buyers will have the choice of either the BorgWarner 48-11 (on demand 4wd) or the 48-12 (part time 4wd). I have seen picks of Limiteds, Laramies and Bighorn models with the 48-11 transfer case but all the Rebel pics are missing the button near the shift knob indicating Auto 4wd. Has anyone tried ordering a Rebel with the 48-11 transfer case?

D

Deleted member103

Spe1996 said:
I read that buyers will have the choice of either the BorgWarner 48-11 (on demand 4wd) or the 48-12 (part time 4wd). I have seen picks of Limiteds, Laramies and Bighorn models with the 48-11 transfer case but all the Rebel pics are missing the button near the shift knob indicating Auto 4wd. Has anyone tried ordering a Rebel with the 48-11 transfer case?
It kinda would defeat the purpose of a REBEL, but, then again it would also be NICE to have the Option to "jump in the phone booth, get undressed, come out in full Superman-mode and go hog-wild off road -- then when done become the "mild mannered mall crawler for the "wife's sake" in "auto mode" . . . ! ! ! My apologies to Superman !
icon_lol.gif

1f914.png

263a.png

unxpctd

Reaction score
I know my 2017 Rebel is full time 4x2 unless I put it into 4x4...I have NO auto 4x4.

I've gotten used to it...I need it on occasion up here in Minnesnowta...but otherwise not too much.

Spe1996

Reaction score
I have a Grand Cherokee that shares a lot of parts and is know for its off road capability and its got auto 4wd along with full time 4wd. I agree part time 4wd is fine for off road use but when it comes to winter weather driving having auto 4wd is a huge benefit. In love the look of the Rebel but no auto 4wd and no leather may be a deal breaker.

Before everyone piles on and says a real truck doesn't need auto 4wd the Ford Raptor comes with auto 4wd along with 4high and 4low.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Spe1996 said:
I have a Grand Cherokee that shares a lot of parts and is know for its off road capability and its got auto 4wd along with full time 4wd. I agree part time 4wd is fine for off road use but when it comes to winter weather driving having auto 4wd is a huge benefit. In love the look of the Rebel but no auto 4wd and no leather may be a deal breaker.

Before everyone piles on and says a real truck doesn't need auto 4wd the Ford Raptor comes with auto 4wd along with 4high and 4low.
I haven't heard anything about the 4auto transfer case being available in the new Rebel but to be fair I haven't been over the options list with a fine tooth comb. I do know that it was never available with 4auto in the DS models, only the part time transfer case. I have a feeling that has remained the same for DT but I can't say 100%.

D

Deleted member103

Spe1996 said:

I agree, also as a 2016 G.C. owner with the "rotary select system" and off road packaging !

Users who are viewing this thread