5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel with front and/or Surround View Camera

CanRebel

Reaction score
My Rebel didn't have option to purchase front or 360 camera.

Wonder if anyone has them on their Rebel?

Would camera's for other models work with Rebel if anyone knows?
I know you can buy 3d party cameras, and some people are using cargo camera.
But I'd prefer to go with stock so it works with my display.

I have 12 inch display with just back up camera. I also have trailer mirrors.

I'm guessing the module is same, it's disabled in software. So if I could buy stock front camera and/or new mirrors with cameras.

Daverous

Reaction score
You can install the factory 360 system if you have the time and money. Been done by several people at this point.

I keep running into a significant lack of time and part shortages or I'd have completed it myself by now. All in I'm looking at around 1100 bucks( I went with oem power fold tow mirrors). It can be done cheaper.

Also, there's a huge thread on adding a front camera using the cargo cam input. Way cheaper and easier option.

CanRebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I searched forums here and on another sites. Mostly find people doing the cargo cam.
I would rather not do cargo one, I understand it's cheaper. Was hoping someone did 'real' one.
Been searching some dealer parts sites and calling couple. But haven't been able find part numbers.

I got the 'power manual tow mirrors' , which mine did fold, but wasn't option.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can install the factory 360 system if you have the time and money. Been done by several people at this point.

I keep running into a significant lack of time and part shortages or I'd have completed it myself by now. All in I'm looking at around 1100 bucks( I went with oem power fold tow mirrors). It can be done cheaper.

Also, there's a huge thread on adding a front camera using the cargo cam input. Way cheaper and easier option.

Can you post the link for the cargo cam install thread. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread