5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs Power Wagon

Which one?

• Rebel

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Power Wagon

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Wonder why the crazy low number on towing for the PW on the lot where I got my Rebel? Iirc it was 8600 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder why the crazy low number on towing for the PW on the lot where I got my Rebel? Iirc it was 8600 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because I picked a pretty base Powerwagon for the comparison.

A fully loaded Powerwagon would be 4 to 500lbs less payload than the one I showed and there for about 1500 to 2500lbs less towing.

antwon412

Reaction score
Since the primary use for this truck will be as a daily driver, it should be a no brainer to go with the Rebel. Add to that the fact that you won't be towing much weight when you do tow, and your off-roading will be mild, only makes the argument for a Rebel more solid. Of course, it's never that simple. Wants come into play as well, and the Power Wagon just looks better IMO. That alone might sway my decision to go with the PW.

The 76th Anniversary option adds almost $12k to the price. So you're at an MSRP of $68k without adding anything else to the truck. That's only $2k less than a TRX base price. I'd be seriously tempted to get the TRX if I was in that price range. But it's all about what you'll be using it for and what you want. And of course how much you're willing to pay for the truck.
Going by pricing doesn’t really make sense IMO.

A Raptor is more than an F250/350 in some cases.
You really aren’t cross shopping those for the same purpose.
One will go fast through the dunes. The other will tow a bridge if needed.

Same thing with TRX/PW/2500/3500.
The TRX and PW are kind of in the same category only because they are both aimed at off reading. But really 2 wayyyyyy different types of offroad.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Going by pricing doesn’t really make sense IMO.

A Raptor is more than an F250/350 in some cases.
You really aren’t cross shopping those for the same purpose.
One will go fast through the dunes. The other will tow a bridge if needed.

Same thing with TRX/PW/2500/3500.
The TRX and PW are kind of in the same category only because they are both aimed at off reading. But really 2 wayyyyyy different types of offroad.
Not sure why you quoted me with your comment. That second paragraph was about what I might do in his situation. And that for me would be very much about price. Based on his comment about the 75th Anniversary package, cost is apparently not as big a factor for the OP as it is for me. I doubt he'd be thinking about paying almost $12k for an add-on package if it was.

If you take another look at what I posted you'll see that I recommended the Rebel. Not because of price, but because of his stated intended use for the truck.

I completely agree with you about buying the truck based on your intended purpose. That's the reasonable thing to do. I'm not reasonable though, so if I had the means I would buy a TRX and use it for a daily driver. Just because I like how it looks.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Price wasn’t as much of an option for me as most so I bought a limited. Knowing what you get for the money I would have bought a bighorn with aftermarket leather with the pano roof and 12” screen.

would have saved probably $150/mo.

moral of the story, over spend and regret it once a month after seeing the payment. But at least you got what you wanted.

antwon412

Reaction score
Not sure why you quoted me with your comment. That second paragraph was about what I might do in his situation. And that for me would be very much about price. Based on his comment about the 75th Anniversary package, cost is apparently not as big a factor for the OP as it is for me. I doubt he'd be thinking about paying almost $12k for an add-on package if it was.

If you take another look at what I posted you'll see that I recommended the Rebel. Not because of price, but because of his stated intended use for the truck.

I completely agree with you about buying the truck based on your intended purpose. That's the reasonable thing to do. I'm not reasonable though, so if I had the means I would buy a TRX and use it for a daily driver. Just because I like how it looks.
Sorry - wasn’t trying to single you out or anything. No offense was meant.
You just mentioned price.

i’ve had people ask why I didn’t get the 2500. Often times they are cheaper than 1500. For what I paid for my rebel I could’ve got a really nice three-quarter ton pick up.

But it’s way overkill for my needs. I don’t tow. So the comfort and ride of a 1500 is better for me.

I think my meandering point was just because something cost the same or more different doesn’t necessarily mean they would be cross shopped.

Users who are viewing this thread