5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs Laramie Sport?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What all is the Rebel missing compared to the Laramie trim? Trying to make the tough choice.
I'm going to agree with everyone and say you can't make a bad choice, both will be amazing trucks... but...

The Rebel is a better choice if you plan to do any aggressive driving on or off road because the Bilstein struts are a better ride in that type of application. The Rebel also comes standard with all the skid plates, eLocker, Goodyear Duratracs and a beefier transfer case. So if the handling and ride are important to you, the Rebel is the way to go.

Any Laramie trim is about luxury. Add the off road package and you'll get close to the Rebel in ride, but not quite. The Bilstein struts are that good. But you could swap out the Mopar struts but then you're spending more. But the luxury is the biggest difference.

Ride (Rebel) vs Luxury (Laramie)

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same choice to make. My last two Rams were Limiteds. I ended up with the Rebel 12, and this is why. 1) I just really liked the front end better. It just had so much more attitude. 2) I liked the interior better. It wasn't as posh, but was sportier. 3) They are harder to find, and who doesn't like having something that your friends don't?

The Rebel doesn't have ventilated front seats from the factory, you have to add them. The Rebel also doesn't have reclining rear seats. The rebel doesn't have as much accent lighting in the interior.

At the end of the day, I had the luxury of being able to choose either. I could have been happy in the Limited or Laramie with an Off-Road package. The sunroof in these things is ridiculous, and that was a must for me.

in my i do have "accent lighting"

Webbd30

Reaction score
I had to make the same tough decision! Here is the bottom line. If you plan on ordering your truck you can no longer get the rebel 12 package with all leather anymore from FCA.

I chose the Laramie because of this.

If you love the red interior then you only have one option. Rebel.

Now in terms of features. Laramie will have the following the rebel will not.

Heated and ventilated seats. Rear heated.

Full 360 cameras and full advanced safety package. The rebel will have some safety features but not all the bells and whistles.

If you get a Laramie sport appearance package you will get the sport hood similar but not the same as rebel. I believe the rebel is a functional hood.

The rebel comes with larger tires , unique front end and inferior. And different suspension options.

There is so much more but all in the laramie will offer more creature comfort over the rebel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
I had to make the same tough decision! Here is the bottom line. If you plan on ordering your truck you can no longer get the rebel 12 package with all leather anymore from FCA.

I chose the Laramie because of this.

If you love the red interior then you only have one option. Rebel.

Now in terms of features. Laramie will have the following the rebel will not.

Heated and ventilated seats. Rear heated.

Full 360 cameras and full advanced safety package. The rebel will have some safety features but not all the bells and whistles.

If you get a Laramie sport appearance package you will get the sport hood similar but not the same as rebel. I believe the rebel is a functional hood.

The rebel comes with larger tires , unique front end and inferior. And different suspension options.

There is so much more but all in the laramie will offer more creature comfort over the rebel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But.... you can get the rebel 12A which has leather... again.. this is an option.

brewdad

Reaction score
Rebel 12 had 19 speaker HK and Rebel 12A has 9 speaker Alpine---otherwise, the two packages are identical from what I have seen.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not know the transfer was different from the Laramie to the Rebel?Thought they were the same.

Webbd30

Reaction score
But.... you can get the rebel 12A which has leather... again.. this is an option.

To my knowledge that package is not available to order. I attempted at several dealers.

This option was an early buy in option.

You Can get the 12 screen but not the leather anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same decision right now. I've located a Rebel 12 and I like the front end and aggressive look, but really don't like so much red in the interior. I love the interior of the Laramie and Limited, but hate the chrome, so would probably do one with the sport package. I was told by the dealer that the Rebel is a different driving experience entirely. I wonder about that one. I will likely never take it off road, but will be in snow periodically. They said that they can do the seats custom to make them all black ($$). Thoughts anyone.....Rebel 12 vs. Laramie Sport vs. Limited.....??
Get the leather seats and the red on the seats is gone. Ordered my Rebel 12 in mid February and leather is definitely an option. I also looked at the Laramie VS Rebel. In my opinion the Rebel just looks better on the exterior styling. I do wish RAM offered the Advanced Safety Group with the Rebel and would have been nice to have vented seats since I upgraded to leather. Power running boards which can be added after the fact would have been nice to include in a factory build. All that said I still went with the Rebel. Also the tires and rims on the Rebel are much better in you want to go off road and even just avoiding curb rash on your rims the 20" rims on the Laramie Sport might be more prone to damage and the tires for 20s are more expensive. The red interior it definitely grows on you. I especially like the red anodized trim.

Last edited:

pgers22

Reaction score
i was the same, hesitant on the rebel due to the red interior but get the leather seats for the rebel 12 or 12a option and it really is a nice change. Sold it for me right there.

mladenme

Reaction score
I’m late to the party 1 year almost, but having the same thoughts about 2020 Rebel and Laramie.
In fact in the Middle East we are quite limited with trims, but I narrowed it down to Laramie vs Rebel Black Edition.
the differences are
Laramie:
  • Shift on demand
  • conventional differential rear axle
  • heavy duty shock absorbers
  • 20” wheels
  • 8.4” screen
  • vent seats
  • auto beam lights
  • blind spot
  • memory for seat, mirrors, pedals
Rebel Black:
  • Hill descent control
  • shift on the fly
  • e-locker rear axle
  • perf tuned shock abs
  • 12“ screen
  • 18” wheels
I could get air suspensions on the Rebel. Is it worth it later issues, if any?

price is more or less the same.
I like an interior of the Rebel.
on outside, both are specific. Nice chrome on Laramie, and high off-road Rebel look.
But I drive 95% on the road.
which one would you go for?

RamSco

Reaction score
I liked everything about the Rebel except the red interior accents. So I decided to get the Laramie with ORP. Love the interior. Sometimes I wish I would have bought the sport appearance package. I talked myself out of it when I ordered.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think for 2020 now the only difference on the inside is the vented front seats as so far you still can’t order them yet on the Rebel . On the outside appearance the front is a big difference and the wheels 18” for the Rebel , 18” , 20” or 22” for the Laramie depending on the package you choose .

mladenme

Reaction score
I liked everything about the Rebel except the red interior accents. So I decided to get the Laramie with ORP. Love the interior. Sometimes I wish I would have bought the sport appearance package. I talked myself out of it when I ordered.
In fact on Rebel Black Edition there is no red interior, everything in black with all leather seats.
What bothers me are these vent seats coz temp here is over 90F, 9 months per year.

RamSco

Reaction score
In fact on Rebel Black Edition there is no red interior, everything in black with all leather seats.
What bothers me are these vent seats coz temp here is over 90F, 9 months per year.
Did not know that about the black edition. I've owned exactly one black truck in my life.... 20 years ago. Not dissing on anyone with a black truck... they are gorgeous. Just too high maintenance in the desert West for me.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel came with the Rebel 12 and Level 2 packages, panoramic sunroof, etc. but without the Black Edition and it has the all black leather interior with silver and carbon fiber trim which is a very nice integrated look; that really brought me back to the Rebel for a second look as I also didn't want the red interior; in black, the Rebel looks almost as posh as a Laramie/Limited but with more off-road bias and capability (which I use). Plus, the exterior styling did appeal to me more even as I was considering the Limited. Happy camper here as have best of both worlds!

Stock photo:

Users who are viewing this thread