5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs Laramie Sport?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
What all is the Rebel missing compared to the Laramie trim? Trying to make the tough choice.

Kidder

Reaction score
What all is the Rebel missing compared to the Laramie trim? Trying to make the tough choice.
I assume you're comparing to Laramie Sport with Off Road Package.

Rebel doesn't have vented seats. Rebel has different transfer case so it doesn't have the 4wd Auto option. Not sure what else. Laramie has 20" wheels vs Rebel 18". 18" better for true off roading.

Reaction score
I had the same choice to make. My last two Rams were Limiteds. I ended up with the Rebel 12, and this is why. 1) I just really liked the front end better. It just had so much more attitude. 2) I liked the interior better. It wasn't as posh, but was sportier. 3) They are harder to find, and who doesn't like having something that your friends don't?

The Rebel doesn't have ventilated front seats from the factory, you have to add them. The Rebel also doesn't have reclining rear seats. The rebel doesn't have as much accent lighting in the interior.

At the end of the day, I had the luxury of being able to choose either. I could have been happy in the Limited or Laramie with an Off-Road package. The sunroof in these things is ridiculous, and that was a must for me.

kjn86

Reaction score
At the end of the day, of all the differences, they are really minor with the exception of appearance. I think the grille and wheel/tire combo is a major difference over other trims that is the decision point. The quality of life and interior options are basically the same. You should expect similar performance in general. You get a more unique appearance in the Rebel and much beefier tires, even with the off road package on another trim. I personally would immediately remove the stock wheels and tires from all trims EXCEPT the Rebel (which is why I got one). You should expect worse fuel economy from a Rebel too by a 1-2 MPG I'd estimate. Seems to be common for us.

Jenks

Reaction score
I test drove a laramie sport 2 days ago that had air ride with no height adjustment switch. I assume thats normal for the laramies?

whsk12

Reaction score
like the rebel styling!-rebel 12 has nearly the same interior-what trips your trigger!

MattF

Reaction score
I chose a Laramie Sport over the Rebel only based on the interior of the Rebel. While I can appreciate others like the red it's just to much for me. I wish the Rebel was also offered with a black interior - that would look great!

Matt

chipk

Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same decision right now. I've located a Rebel 12 and I like the front end and aggressive look, but really don't like so much red in the interior. I love the interior of the Laramie and Limited, but hate the chrome, so would probably do one with the sport package. I was told by the dealer that the Rebel is a different driving experience entirely. I wonder about that one. I will likely never take it off road, but will be in snow periodically. They said that they can do the seats custom to make them all black ($$). Thoughts anyone.....Rebel 12 vs. Laramie Sport vs. Limited.....??

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
All the red on the interior is what pushed me to the Laramie. Very happy with my decision.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Ultimately I went Laramie over Rebel because mainly I also do not like the sporty red interior on the Rebel. But thats what is great, lots of options for each person’s own tastes.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Rebel also has a 2” lift vs. 1” on the off road package. Ultimately I went Laramie over Rebel because mainly I also do not like the sporty red interior on the Rebel. But thats what is great, lots of options for each person’s own tastes.
There’s no difference on the lift. However, the tires are different.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
There’s no difference on the lift. However, the tires are different.
You are correct, I edited my post to not show false info. I think I got the lift confused with the gmc trail boss or something.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can’t go wrong with either of those decisions. Can’t you test drive both? Even if they don’t have all the features you want, just so you know if there is a difference in feel, which besides tires I would find surprising. I would say buy the one that gets you closest to what you want and can be the most easily modded (cost and headache wise) so that you can make it perfect to what you want. Just make sure you research the big things like etorque, gearing, screen size, air suspension, because those things are not as easily fixed after the fact like seats, badging, chrome, etc. Good luck!

Neokane

Reaction score
I didn't care for all the red in the Rebel, but The Rebel 12 package toned it down enough for me!
The leather seats are nice.. Only wish they came with ventilated seats too!

jojopinto

Reaction score
Why would pay as much for a rebel and not be able to get leather seats with the coolers. That's a deal breaker right there. You can put air ride on a Laramie I opted out to avoid future issues as we have seen many where I am.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

XDBrad

Reaction score
Much like others here, the red interior was a bit much and I wanted vented seats. Had a Rebel been offered with black seats then I’d probably forgone the vented seats.

Ended up with a Laramie sport ORP, VERY HAPPY! Can’t go wrong with either, no wrong choice here.

Neokane

Reaction score
Much like others here, the red interior was a bit much and I wanted vented seats. Had a Rebel been offered with black seats then I’d probably forgone the vented seats.

Ended up with a Laramie sport ORP, VERY HAPPY! Can’t go wrong with either, no wrong choice here.
They do with the rebel 12 (or 12A) that comes with black leather seats..
I felt the same and forgot about the ventilated seats for and took a rebel 12 with the black leather.

Users who are viewing this thread