5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs all other Trim Ram 1500's -A/M Bumper fittment

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
So, (apologies if this has been answered elsewhere) can somebody please explain to me exactly, down to the nuts and bolts, why the Rebel trim/model is always excluded from the plethora of aftermarket bumpers available for all of the other trims? This non-fittment fact did a great job at pissing me off when I realized the (once) most capable off-road trim of the Ram 1500 had one single off-road bumper, but everything else had 15+ options.

From what I've gathered, I believe it's the grille and the painted plastic panels under the headlamp housings that are shorter than all other trims....? Is this correct?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, (apologies if this has been answered elsewhere) can somebody please explain to me exactly, down to the nuts and bolts, why the Rebel trim/model is always excluded from the plethora of aftermarket bumpers available for all of the other trims? This non-fittment fact did a great job at pissing me off when I realized the (once) most capable off-road trim of the Ram 1500 had one single off-road bumper, but everything else had 15+ options.

From what I've gathered, I believe it's the grille and the painted plastic panels under the headlamp housings that are shorter than all other trims....? Is this correct?
I think it‘s mostly where the bumper meets the grill .

DSN46

Reaction score
This non-fittment fact did a great job at pissing me off when I realized the (once) most capable off-road trim of the Ram 1500 had one single off-road bumper, but everything else had 15+ options.
You and I BOTH! I'm about to say the heck with it and just put one on that's made for a Long Horn or Laramie.... I will deal with the "gap" below the grill at a later date. Had about enough of the aftermarket folks.

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
So that's it, huh? Seems like nobody knows the exact answer to the differences.

If the differences were simple enough, I'd also just purchase one for the other trims and modify it to both make it work and look as good as possible. It just blows my mind that all of these "off-road" parts vendors are too lazy to make a slightly different variant for the Rebel trims. All about the bottom line for them... Who cares about the irony of leaving out Ram's off-road trim.

I see a TON of Rebels out there now... Far more than the last gen... It's clear this gen's version of the Rebel is selling very well, so I just don't understand why a single vendor will not sell a version for the Rebel trim.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what i was told not enough market for them to change any bumpers to accomedate the rebels little change in front ... i measured regular non rebel models and the panel under light was about 5 inchs and the rebel was about 3 inchs which gave that 2 inch gap and this is on the new body rebels and new body rams.
in a week i will be able to give exactly measure ments on how i fix the gap.
also search around in other rebel forums and got alot of info and pictures that showed non rebel bumpers fiting with out any clearance issues or gap issues

Berto1994

Reaction score
Could you possibly share some of those pictures of rebels that didn't have a gap issue? I've seen lots try the 5th gen bumpers and they don't look good.

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
in a week i will be able to give exactly measure ments on how i fix the gap.
also search around in other rebel forums and got alot of info and pictures that showed non rebel bumpers fiting with out any clearance issues or gap issues

What do you mean "exact measurements on how [you] will fix the gap"?

Also, yes please share more information on the other forums with "alot of pictures" of non-rebel bumpers fitting flush onto the Rebel.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean "exact measurements on how [you] will fix the gap"?

Also, yes please share more information on the other forums with "alot of pictures" of non-rebel bumpers fitting flush onto the Rebel.
sorry meant to say give exact measurements on how to fix the gap.. like if i made new holes for the mounting set. up .. so far it seems like i should be able to do modifications to bumper and easy fix

as for pictures ok i will search but i found the pictures in so many places gonna be hard to find all of them ... i found some on other rebel forum and many random posts while searching also if you want do you have a style of bumper you want ?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if you could replace the plastic panels under the headlights with ones from a Laramie? The grill is a different story.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if you could replace the plastic panels under the headlights with ones from a Laramie? The grill is a different story.
For sided by side comparisons sake... taken from ADD:
View attachment 85283

View attachment 85284
yesss this are some picture i saw but the new body models grill are not as low so alittle gap i believe i meassured about 1 inch waiting on my bumper to come in mail... but im gonna see if i can maybe just mount the bumper up a inch or two. if not buy those light panels ... anyway you can get a part number on those ?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yesss this are some picture i saw but the new body models grill are not as low so alittle gap i believe i meassured about 1 inch waiting on my bumper to come in mail... but im gonna see if i can maybe just mount the bumper up a inch or two. if not buy those light panels ... anyway you can get a part number on those ?
I bet your local body shop could get you part numbers...

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
pictures not the best but its, only one thing off but lets see if its noticeable

will get more pics in day time

Attachments

• 6F781505-B488-4BA6-94DD-B84503023E66.jpeg
    6F781505-B488-4BA6-94DD-B84503023E66.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 146
  • AC6B482E-85DD-4DA1-99A4-7C61A04AC6A3.jpeg
    AC6B482E-85DD-4DA1-99A4-7C61A04AC6A3.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 4DFBCFD4-F316-4973-9382-58ED9381EE74.jpeg
    4DFBCFD4-F316-4973-9382-58ED9381EE74.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 144

johncode

Reaction score
This place has good pics of flat and tube bumpers with a straight top.

johncode

Reaction score
I am really falling in love with this one...
The rear is nice as well. Hmmmmm

DSN46

Reaction score

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
installed steps and now i have some light out i see alittle adjusting i need to do maybe about 1/2 inchor so

gonna remove bumper most likey and add the light bars winch and pods

Attachments

• DD6B7071-C2F6-4032-BC8E-2D509FF0C908.jpeg
    DD6B7071-C2F6-4032-BC8E-2D509FF0C908.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 27F20ABD-6DA9-48CB-8DCC-A39919782505.jpeg
    27F20ABD-6DA9-48CB-8DCC-A39919782505.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread