5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel tires missing snowflake

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if Goodyear didn't bother to pay for a certification or if the tire actually has different characteristics but my research shows
5ply snowflake
6ply standard on Rebel no snowflake

I know 6 ply probably for tow ratings but is there any other difference in the tires? Weres the tire guys?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Goodyear seems to think they all are winter rated.

Idk how you're getting the difference, and I don't know if the ratings change by size or ply, just showing what I pulled up on their site

Johnnyspin

Reaction score
Wow that's odd, I called a local Goodyear shop and it's the first they heard of this. Their speculation was exactly what Chippy said, that FCA didn't want to pay for the certification. They said that the winter performance ratings between a set that have the snowflake the Rebel ones are exactly the same. I haven't had the tires through a winter yet, I'm hoping they'll live up to the Duratrac name.

cra1g

Reaction score
Wow that's odd, I called a local Goodyear shop and it's the first they heard of this. Their speculation was exactly what Chippy said, that FCA didn't want to pay for the certification. They said that the winter performance ratings between a set that have the snowflake the Rebel ones are exactly the same. I haven't had the tires through a winter yet, I'm hoping they'll live up to the Duratrac name.

That's unlikely--the Falkens on my Limited with ORP have the snowflake.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Here is the conversation

cra1g

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember seeing that discussed, and I was surprised when mine had the logo. Maybe they ran out of the OEM version and had to put the retail version on it or something.
3pmsf.jpg

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
its basically the cheaper version of the Duratrac. (w/o Snow Peak Cert). Gonna wear out the OEM's for a bit here during summer/fall, then reassess replacing with GYDT with Snowpeak. Or go different route like KO2s, Nitto or whatever...

RebelRick

Reaction score
That's unlikely--the Falkens on my Limited with ORP have the snowflake.
Three Goodyear Duratrac havr Three Peak Mountain Snowflake Certified (Excluding size LT275/70R18 125R) which is the size the New 5th Gen Rebels use. Right of the Goodyear website. What a f. G. Scam

Users who are viewing this thread