5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Spare Tire

Captain Dave

Reaction score
Just realized it myself too on 19 Ram Rebel..Have 34,000 miles and wanted to measure current thread depth to original..
Cheaper rim and tire saves weight and less incentive for theft. My spare tire rim is aluminum.. I usually start looking for tires after 40 but seems to plenty of meat left..

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel. Is 35 tire fit to spare tire place if i remove metal frame?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Sorceress21

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Expedition One to put out their swing out tire carrier rear bumper for the 21's. I wish they'd hurry, lol. They were supposed to have 19 and newer model stuff out last November but I guess Covid screwed em up.

Mike_WI

Reaction score
I seriously just did this over the weekend, and came across an unforeseen hurdle that I could use a workaround on if anyone has one. So, I got 5 new rims, as I wanted a matching spare. I was planning on selling the steel rim and Falken spare tire set up. However, when the work was done at the tire shop the guy pointed out I can't hang the 5th OEM wheel/tire where the spare goes as the hole in the center of the OEM rim is waaaaay smaller than the hole in the steel wheel. Therefore, the hanger on the end of the cable hoist for the spare tire can't fit through the center of the OEM wheel. Kinda sucks, didn't see that coming. It's hanging out in the bed of my truck for the time being until I can find a solution. Hopefully there is a smaller cable hook assembly I can find to remedy this.

WillySwan

Reaction score
... I can't hang the 5th OEM wheel/tire where the spare goes as the hole in the center of the OEM rim is waaaaay smaller than the hole in the steel wheel. Therefore, the hanger on the end of the cable hoist for the spare tire can't fit through the center of the OEM wheel. Kinda sucks, didn't see that coming...

I was able to fit a factory OEM Rebel aluminum wheel in place of the steel spare on my 2022 Rebel. No modifications required. The key to getting it to fit is to let some extra cable out on the spare tire carrier winch and fit the spring through first then slide the rectangular retention plate through the pilot hole. See attached photo. My tire winch is p/n 68266719AB.

@RockYacht2020 ,who did me a solid by selling me one of his Night Edition wheels, also confirmed that he was able to fit the aluminum wheel under his 2020 Rebel.

IMG_2659.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online