5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Srchris2010

Reaction score
Anybody know of a kit or way to level the rear of the rebel? Can’t find anything online. Do you think stock ram springs might achieve that? I just don’t want to lift the front any higher.

Mother

Reaction score
Lowering a Rebel? Might as well put 22's on it with street tires... oh, wait...

Srchris2010

Reaction score
Lowering a Rebel? Might as well put 22's on it with street tires... oh, wait...
Since when does owning a truck mean you have to lift it? You buy for the purpose you use it. And since when does “rebel”mean it has to be lifted they do come rear wheel drive and with smaller engine options. You seem to be one of these people that lift their truck and add big tire to drive it only on asphalt, if it makes you think your a bigger person then go for it lol. And I do with my truck what I please, so if your not going to help keep your Criticism to yourself.

Mother

Reaction score
Lol, just giving you crap. Calm down. I'm 100% in the "do what you want to what you have" camp. However, I'm also in the "buy the right tool for the job" camp, so I'd think a Laramie Sport would make more sense for a street performance build, but you do you.

I think you're probably on the right track in trying a set of springs off a normal non orp/rebel to get a bit lower. I would be concerned about how it would look with a little weight in the bed, but that same thing goes for people who lift just the front searching for the perfect "level."

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
Do you think stock ram springs might achieve that? I just don’t want to lift the front any higher.

Yes, the non-ORP/Rebel rear springs will get you down 1" in the rear, but no way to get that other 1".

1" will make a visual "level" difference but there will clearly still be a rake.

Out of my own curiosity, why don't you want to make specifically just the front any higher?

Srchris2010

Reaction score
Yes, the non-ORP/Rebel rear springs will get you down 1" in the rear, but no way to get that other 1".

1" will make a visual "level" difference but there will clearly still be a rake.

Out of my own curiosity, why don't you want to make specifically just the front any higher?
Thanks. Just like the way the front looks thought it might be nice to just level the back.

Srchris2010

Reaction score
Lol, just giving you crap. Calm down. I'm 100% in the "do what you want to what you have" camp. However, I'm also in the "buy the right tool for the job" camp, so I'd think a Laramie Sport would make more sense for a street performance build, but you do you.

I think you're probably on the right track in trying a set of springs off a normal non orp/rebel to get a bit lower. I would be concerned about how it would look with a little weight in the bed, but that same thing goes for people who lift just the front searching for the perfect "level."
No worries man all good. I agree but the rebel to me has the nicest exterior and interior of them all. I tow my jetski and boat but neither are heavy enough to make it squat much and I don’t want to slam it. Might end up just leveling the front

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Off road group on my truck so it sits the same as a Rebel Since I put 33” tires on too. I wanted to do the same as you, lower the rear an inch cause if you go any higher in the front you really should get control arms too and I just didn’t think it was necessary. I ended up not doing it because I tow a decent sized camper and need the rake.

but yes get yourself a set of the standard rear springs and that will be perfect for you since you do tow a couple things. Plus it’s an easy thing to swap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread