5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel has delron lower rear shock bushing !?!

2020 Rebel

Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting on rear airbags and at a stopping point to clarify some tech issues with the manufacturer. Anyway happened to look at my lower rear shock bushing and see that it's Delron, or some kind of solid plastic, and not rubber which is what I would think come on these lower end shocks!? Anyone know if this is standard on all 5th gen Ram Rebel lower rear shock eyes? Also searched for number from the sticker on the same shock and cannot find it on the internet??

Attachments

• 20240817_123106.jpg
    20240817_123106.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240817_123033.jpg
    20240817_123033.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Delrin is like machinable nylon. Stiffer than polyurethane, but still has a little bit of shock absorption. It's used a lot on track-oriented vehicles. Durable, self-lubricating, long-lasting stuff. Unless fire or nasty chemicals happen, those bushings should still be fine when the rest of the truck has long since rusted away.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Bilstein is a lower end shock?

Those are built by Bilstein specifically for Mopar and unfortunately not available anywhere else. Mopar must have spec'ed a different material than standard for the bushings.
I just purchased a set for the front and they did not come with any hardware or dampeners so I have to assume all the little parts are available separately from Mopar.

The pictures show it with dampeners but does not specify the material. The current part number is 68313613AF.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm more interested in the issues on the air bag installation.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't find the bushing separately in any diagrams. Looking on Ebay at used OEM Rebel shocks you can see the bushing on those. It appears the same on the previous generation Rebels so they must have been using them for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread