5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Emblem

gbertram14

Reaction score
For those of you who have removed your RAM door emblems and replaced them with the Rebel emblems, how did you go about doing it? I want to make sure I do it the right way and not mess it up. Also, i want to black out the RAM on the grill, should i get the emblem that just goes on over the existing one or just remove the RAM that's on there completely and replace with the all black? Want to have a little project when my 2021 comes in next month! Thanks

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I used painter tape to ensure they lined up perfectly with where the RAM was located. See pics below. I’ve seen some replace the RAM with black letters, I just used the Reflective Concepts decals. But mine are red so there’s that. I hope this helps and welcome to Rebel family.
4396e299f28c33b1f884dbf4aaf2152d.jpg

efb3aafe2c685e59589ec813fcd60e01.jpg

3ed2d590a99f32b33af70a1b8cf15fff.jpg

bd6288bfff2cb2d755851d413446d4f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbertram14

Reaction score
Thanks, man! Looks great, what did you use to take the RAM emblems off?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A heat gun (hairdryer works too) and they'll come right off with some tugging. It helps if you have the plastic pryig tools, just be careful to not rub anything! The 3m stuff will stay behind but that comes off rather easy too by rolling it off. You'll have some residue but alcohol or WD40 will make it come right off, light usage. Some people also use goo-gone. I hit it with some detail spray afterwards and wax if you have some laying around.

Another tip, wash your truck prior or at least the door. That way there isn't any dirt that you might accidentally rub and cause swirls.

I was going to add the Rebel badges but I already have the bed decals. I didn't want it to be posted everywhere.

20200903_131938.jpg

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Thanks, man! Looks great, what did you use to take the RAM emblems off?

I used the plastic pry tool for interior trim and peeled the 3M adhesive off. Used a detail spray after I removed them like SilverWS6 said. It’s super easy just take your time. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What works well too is using dental floss, using it to saw between the back of the emblem and the double sided tape. This prevents you from actually making contact with the paint under the emblem and scratching.

Then as mentioned, using the heat gun/blowdryer to soften the remaining adhesive and goo gone to clean it up. Then clean the surface with some rubbing alcohol and microfiber towel so the new badge will stick on properly.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plastic interior pry tool then I used whizzy wheel/adhesive eraser wheel to remove adhesive tape.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

HydroRebel

Reaction score
What works well too is using dental floss, using it to saw between the back of the emblem and the double sided tape. This prevents you from actually making contact with the paint under the emblem and scratching.

Then as mentioned, using the heat gun/blowdryer to soften the remaining adhesive and goo gone to clean it up. Then clean the surface with some rubbing alcohol and microfiber towel so the new badge will stick on properly.

This is what I do to remove emblems though I substitute fishing line for dental floss as it's stronger.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
A heat gun (hairdryer works too) and they'll come right off with some tugging. It helps if you have the plastic pryig tools, just be careful to not rub anything! The 3m stuff will stay behind but that comes off rather easy too by rolling it off. You'll have some residue but alcohol or WD40 will make it come right off, light usage. Some people also use goo-gone. I hit it with some detail spray afterwards and wax if you have some laying around.

Another tip, wash your truck prior or at least the door. That way there isn't any dirt that you might accidentally rub and cause swirls.

I was going to add the Rebel badges but I already have the bed decals. I didn't want it to be posted everywhere.

View attachment 69377
Agreed. Your truck looks amazing the way it is!

Users who are viewing this thread