5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Duratrac pressure question

mike0012

Reaction score
I have a Bighorn where I swapped the stock 20" wheels and tires for a take off 18" set from a Rebel. I live in Colorado and notice some vagueness in steering when going around a high speed turn like coming down a mountain pass. All is fine in a straight line. I didn't have this with the stock wheels and tires. It feels like the steering hits a dead spot when under some g force and the wheel is turned. It makes me concerned I might overcorrect and create a dangerous situation.

I am guessing it is a tire pressure issue. I have been running 38psi as recommended on my door tag. I am wondering what most Rebel owners have settled on as a good pressure and if anyone had encountered this as well?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off road tires always sluggish compared to road tires. I run 40 cold they warm up to 43 or 45 usually psi all the time air up for towing.

mike0012

Reaction score
Off road tires always sluggish compared to road tires. I run 40 cold they warm up to 43 or 45 usually psi all the time air up for towing.
Thanks for the replies. That gives me a good starting point for pressure to try.

mike0012

Reaction score
Pressures upped to 55/45 was the solution. Handling is great and no more inconsistent feeling. Amazing how much different the pressure recommendations are between the stock wheel and tire options.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Pressures upped to 55/45 was the solution. Handling is great and no more inconsistent feeling. Amazing how much different the pressure recommendations are between the stock wheel and tire options.
Did you have to reprogram your TPMS for the new tire pressures? If so, how did you do it? I just bought a set of rebel takeoffs for my bighorn.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have to reprogram your TPMS for the new tire pressures? If so, how did you do it? I just bought a set of rebel takeoffs for my bighorn.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
No, You do not have to reprogram anything.

You will however need to make sure that the dealership or whomever does your tires inflate:
Front psi: 55
Rear psi: 45

Otherwise they will read the tire pressure from your door jam and inflate to your factory tires.

Just had to explain that to a tech yesterday when I was getting an oil change and tire rotation.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run 45 front 45 rear cold on same size and load tire as the rebel. 55 in the front is too much to me , you feel every crack in the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online