5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel decals!

frybel

Reaction score
Just ordered these of Etsy...way cheaper than the dealer. Have to see what quality is like when they arrive, but for 1/5 of the cost it's worth taking a flier on.

Drumnut14

Reaction score
Mine came with the hood decal, was going to peel it of (not a decal guy) but after a month I think I like it with the Granite paint, not very obvious and definitely unique.
EFE1F4CD-3671-447E-80A4-66FC0BB2C9D9.jpeg

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reached out to a seller on eBay and asked what vinyl they were using. Their response was Scotchcal 50. I looked that up and found that it's a cheap quality vinyl that isn't designed for long term outside use. Based on what I was reading, the 220 series, high performance vinyl, is what should be used for vehicle graphics. It looks like the SC-50 is ok for cars, but it isn't high quality.

A friend of mine has silver stripes on his Camaro and the surface started looking blotchy in color. I think he has the cheaper vinyl because a local shop put them on to cover some paint damage from the factory. I also had bowtie decal from GM on the hood of my Monte Carlo that was perfect. One day a kid backed into the car and the hood had to be replaced. The factory decal was no longer available, so the dealer's body shop had a local shop create one. The same blotchy color and fading happened in less than 1 year exposed to the elements.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
This site is selling the hood and bed graphics for a reasonable price. They have two different 3M films. One is the 3M Scotchal 7125 which is applied wet. The other is 3M 1080 Wrap film that is applied dry. I ordered the wet one for the hood. Just arrived today. Will post pics once applied. Both films are supposed to last 5-7 years.

Ram Graphics

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Applied the hood graphics from the site I mentioned above. Turned out pretty well. Good clear instructions. Ended up with dozens of tiny bubbles after removing the protective layer, but they all disappeared after sitting in the sun a while.

Attachments

• E591FF23-B018-42DA-A09E-24235642AD89.jpeg
    E591FF23-B018-42DA-A09E-24235642AD89.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 95
  • EC495C50-1AE6-48CC-8DDE-18647D697EFB.jpeg
    EC495C50-1AE6-48CC-8DDE-18647D697EFB.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I am considering either adding the full rear quarter graphics like others have posted or something smaller. I had them cut an extra set of just the letters from the hood graphic just to get an idea of how that would look. I taped it on just to eyeball it a bit. You have to use your imagination and imagine all the blue is gone.

Attachments

• 4DADA719-D42E-4C2D-AA4C-F4861E81270C.jpeg
    4DADA719-D42E-4C2D-AA4C-F4861E81270C.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Drumnut14

Reaction score
This is what I am thinking about on the Black Rebel. Just the dull black on top of the diamond black
Should look good! What does your Mopar hood protector look like? They appear to be tall or a big space , in other words not low profile.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Should look good! What does your Mopar hood protector look like? They appear to be tall or a big space , in other words not low profile.
I'll get you a shot of it. I like it. Only stands off about an inch from hood and does not stick up far like the old ones. The only picture I have with it visible. Maybe you can zoom and see how far
it rises off the hood
IMG_0822.PNG

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the hood decal today. While applying it, it started to wrinkle at one spot and I didn't catch it so I pulled it up and heated it in that section, laid it down again and it looks fantastic except for a slight marring of the vinyl. Since it's at the leading edge, it actually looks like a stone could've hit it. Nobody will know at all.

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 72

johncode

Reaction score
Installed the hood decal today. While applying it, it started to wrinkle at one spot and I didn't catch it so I pulled it up and heated it in that section, laid it down again and it looks fantastic except for a slight marring of the vinyl. Since it's at the leading edge, it actually looks like a stone could've hit it. Nobody will know at all.
I’m trying to get a solid one to follow the front contours. All the wraps shops around here are booked till April/May though.

Attachments

• 3E29090B-7E47-45F2-A9DE-D80366DEFD4E.png
    3E29090B-7E47-45F2-A9DE-D80366DEFD4E.png
    468.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Is that a OEM decal or aftermarket ?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's an aftermarket decal. I ordered it from Auto Graphics Pro. I wanted good 3M vinyl and they state they have the good stuff.

Everything at the top went on just fine, but you will start getting "fingers" as you get to the bottom due to the multiple contours of the hood. I might have also had too much solution on my decal as it took quite a bit of effort to get the "fingers" to lay down. They kept popping back up because there was no stick to the decal.

I think I did pretty good for a 1st time with a large decal and being a perfectionist. More mistakes happen when you try to be perfect with automotive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread