5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Center Console

mustard54

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for an aftermarket center console organizer? I have the 2019 Rebel and use the top portion of the center console and it’s a mess and my OCD is in overdrive! Any suggestions are appreciated!

mustard54

Reaction score

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Unfortunately that won’t fit the Rebel either due to the slide out tray it has. But wow, the kid has some skills and will make bank on that! I am looking for the top flip portion.

I honestly wouldn't mind one for the top tray either. I wonder if we can reach out to him and see if he'll print one?

69Sting

Reaction score
SynAckul,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I am sure he can design something as he enjoys doing custom work. I'll need some pics, measurements and concept of what you would like. From there he can do a cad design, send a pic of that before doing the actual print.
The bummer is that I don't have a Rebel so doing a test fit may be difficult. I can only go to the local dealership so many times. I may have to find a salesperson and find their refreshment of choice :)

69Sting

mustard54

Reaction score
SynAckul,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I am sure he can design something as he enjoys doing custom work. I'll need some pics, measurements and concept of what you would like. From there he can do a cad design, send a pic of that before doing the actual print.
The bummer is that I don't have a Rebel so doing a test fit may be difficult. I can only go to the local dealership so many times. I may have to find a salesperson and find their refreshment of choice :)

69Sting
I will take some photos and send over to you today along with the concept I am looking for. Look forward to seeing what we can do!

mustard54

Reaction score
SynAckul,

69Sting
Here is what I am looking for. Did a primitive drawing and took photos attached. Hoping he can work some magic. Please email me with any questions. And if this flys and my drawing works I want a cut of the massive profits he makes on my concept.

Attachments

• F5C918EE-5C1F-4FA4-BAC7-2864DEB0432D.jpeg
    F5C918EE-5C1F-4FA4-BAC7-2864DEB0432D.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 133
  • D0011872-6F6E-4797-B1AA-524E2FC35D39.jpeg
    D0011872-6F6E-4797-B1AA-524E2FC35D39.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 8DF01515-5F52-49D0-8CBB-BC73963CAB03.jpeg
    8DF01515-5F52-49D0-8CBB-BC73963CAB03.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 1DB0AD6C-A4A0-45EF-87ED-C298ED74CB87.jpeg
    1DB0AD6C-A4A0-45EF-87ED-C298ED74CB87.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 138

69Sting

Reaction score
Mustard54,

Thank you for the pics and drawing. That was fast :) I was thinking you wanted something in the slider and the rebel was different. But with these pics, I see it is the arm rest storage area. My Laramie has that same compartment and I have thought of designing one for that area. Good news is that now I can trial fit it.

One question. Do you want just the wall frame and no bottom or a complete drop in?
Wall Frame would allow the use of the compartments nice coated bottom so there would less possible rattling noise.
A complete drop in would allow you to pull it out and keep everything in it when you do.

69Sting

mustard54

Reaction score
Mustard54,

Thank you for the pics and drawing. That was fast :) I was thinking you wanted something in the slider and the rebel was different. But with these pics, I see it is the arm rest storage area. My Laramie has that same compartment and I have thought of designing one for that area. Good news is that now I can trial fit it.

One question. Do you want just the wall frame and no bottom or a complete drop in?
Wall Frame would allow the use of the compartments nice coated bottom so there would less possible rattling noise.
A complete drop in would allow you to pull it out and keep everything in it when you do.

69Sting
Awesome! I would love a drop in wall frame unit with no bottom so we can use the existing mat in the console.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I would be ok with a drop in that has the front 10-3/4" wall, and two side 6-3/4" walls. I would not need the back wall that angles around. The back area (#5) would just be open, and the 6-3/4" walls would keep the insert from moving back and forth. Hope this make sense.

mustard54

Reaction score
I would be ok with a drop in that has the front 10-3/4" wall, and two side 6-3/4" walls. I would not need the back wall that angles around. The back area (#5) would just be open, and the 6-3/4" walls would keep the insert from moving back and forth. Hope this make sense.
That makes sense. I think we are all on the same page. I hope! lol The #’s are the compartment spaces I would like. For #5 it would use the last frame and existing portion of the arm rest to contain everything.

69Sting

Reaction score
@69Sting Your son could make quite a bit of money off of overlanders like me. See if he can draft up a base plate like this one.

SynAckuL,

This is something he can do. Of course he will need to make his own twist on it. Curious, would pre-holes for the mount be better or if there was an area that is solid fill so you can drill your own holes for the mount you want or be able to use a suction cup mount?

oh oh, i feel a 3rd printer in my future 8}

69Sting

SynAckuL

Reaction score
SynAckuL,

This is something he can do. Of course he will need to make his own twist on it. Curious, would pre-holes for the mount be better or if there was an area that is solid fill so you can drill your own holes for the mount you want or be able to use a suction cup mount?

oh oh, i feel a 3rd printer in my future 8}

69Sting

There are standard hole patterns you could use, but I would just want a blank that I can attach my own stuff to however I would want. The only holes it would need for me are the two existing screw holes to mount it to the dash. The plastic needs to be thick enough to hold a mount with an iPad, or a CB, etc.

I can try and source longer screws locally, so I don't think that will be an issue.

YawnY

Reaction score
If there's enough interest I can design and print a center console organizer. Give me some ideas and I'll work on one asap. My print jobs have been done for a week or two so I have some time to work on something.

mustard54

Reaction score
If there's enough interest I can design and print a center console organizer. Give me some ideas and I'll work on one asap. My print jobs have been done for a week or two so I have some time to work on something.
Thanks! One of the other members is working on one for us right now. If that falls through we will let you know for sure.

69Sting

Reaction score
Update: My son has the design created. He needs to get out 1 or 2 more organizers and then he can print the first model and we can test fit. He is also receiving his 2nd printer today so in the next couple days he will have 2 printers going.

Do have one question. My arm rest storage area does not have the rubber insert that the Rebel has.
How thick is this rubber insert?
He wants to adjust accordingly to make sure the bottom side angles and height are correct.

Sfoster0717

Reaction score
I am also interested in this organizer. Even something for the tray that slides front to back with the coin holder would be a nice ad on as well

Users who are viewing this thread