5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 Ordering Available? Or Any Rumors on Availability.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Confusing and frustrating. I wanted to order, however, I just pulled the trigger on one of the last ones that Dave Smith has on their lot (they have 4 or 5 more if you hurry). It is 100% what I am looking for other than the paint (Black) was my second option (I wanted Max Steele). I am boarding a plane in a couple of hours to go pick her up. Then start the 7+ hour drive home. Way worth it though..

I am hoping that they are back to letting people order the 12A package with leather and power passenger seat. I do love the 12" screen but could have made the truck work with the smaller screen. However, I could not pull the trigger on the all red interior and no power passenger seat. The HK is a nice bonus as well, but not a deal breaker for me.

Did you get a crew cab? What happen to be your otd pricing? If you don't mind sharing. Ive always heard this dealer is probably one of the easiest to deal with. I considered them but its 14 hours away. It would have been a 4 day process with driving my trade in there. I went with a dealer in Bismarck ND.

smearly9

Reaction score
Did you get a crew cab? What happen to be your otd pricing? If you don't mind sharing. Ive always heard this dealer is probably one of the easiest to deal with. I considered them but its 14 hours away. It would have been a 4 day process with driving my trade in there. I went with a dealer in Bismarck ND.

What a crazy day. Flew in first thing yesterday morning and pulled up to my house right at midnight last night. Great way to break the truck in for sure. It was a crazy but great experience. Dave Smith is the largest Ram dealer in the world and they do it from the middle of nowhere in a small town that reminds you of a small pop up mining town. They are the town (literally), both sides of main street. Ram on one side, GMC on the other. I got off the plane to be greeted by 2 drivers for 2 shuttles all carrying people from all over the US to pick up their new vehicles. The drivers said they will make the trip a few times in a day (the drive from Spokane airport the dealer in about an hour and 15 minutes). On the surface, this looks like the most unsophisticated you'ver youve ever seen. as old school as it gets.

- I just realized that I am rambling on about the Dave Smith experience and I am only about 10% of the way through - bottom line is that it was an amazing experience.

I will skip the rest and jump to the truck. Love it. Fully loaded Rebel. Black on Black. Two options I didn't get, e-torque and spray in bed liner (I swear by BedRug). MSRP $61,845 - OTD just above $48K with $2K down. couldn't be happier. I was putting pen to paper this weekend to this or an AT4. I do not regret my choice at all.

Side note and I did not dig into the detail since I needed to get on the road (7+ hour drive home) - I asked about the 12A package and the sales guy said they have been getting beat up about it a lot. It was his understanding that Ram just announced internally that they were re-opening the 12A package. I asked if that meant leather and power passenger seat and he said yes. He did say that he did not think they were bringing back the HK though. Again, I didn't press, but they were aware of it.

Ram92131

Reaction score
Confusing and frustrating. I wanted to order, however, I just pulled the trigger on one of the last ones that Dave Smith has on their lot (they have 4 or 5 more if you hurry). It is 100% what I am looking for other than the paint (Black) was my second option (I wanted Max Steele). I am boarding a plane in a couple of hours to go pick her up. Then start the 7+ hour drive home. Way worth it though..

I am hoping that they are back to letting people order the 12A package with leather and power passenger seat. I do love the 12" screen but could have made the truck work with the smaller screen. However, I could not pull the trigger on the all red interior and no power passenger seat. The HK is a nice bonus as well, but not a deal breaker for me.

Please be sure to tell us about your experience with Dave Smith when you get back. Thinking of buying from them and driving back to SoCal.

edgarrian

Reaction score
What a crazy day. Flew in first thing yesterday morning and pulled up to my house right at midnight last night. Great way to break the truck in for sure. It was a crazy but great experience. Dave Smith is the largest Ram dealer in the world and they do it from the middle of nowhere in a small town that reminds you of a small pop up mining town. They are the town (literally), both sides of main street. Ram on one side, GMC on the other. I got off the plane to be greeted by 2 drivers for 2 shuttles all carrying people from all over the US to pick up their new vehicles. The drivers said they will make the trip a few times in a day (the drive from Spokane airport the dealer in about an hour and 15 minutes). On the surface, this looks like the most unsophisticated you'ver youve ever seen. as old school as it gets.

- I just realized that I am rambling on about the Dave Smith experience and I am only about 10% of the way through - bottom line is that it was an amazing experience.

I will skip the rest and jump to the truck. Love it. Fully loaded Rebel. Black on Black. Two options I didn't get, e-torque and spray in bed liner (I swear by BedRug). MSRP $61,845 - OTD just above $48K with $2K down. couldn't be happier. I was putting pen to paper this weekend to this or an AT4. I do not regret my choice at all.

Side note and I did not dig into the detail since I needed to get on the road (7+ hour drive home) - I asked about the 12A package and the sales guy said they have been getting beat up about it a lot. It was his understanding that Ram just announced internally that they were re-opening the 12A package. I asked if that meant leather and power passenger seat and he said yes. He did say that he did not think they were bringing back the HK though. Again, I didn't press, but they were aware of it.

Sounds like a good experience. If your truck is a crew cab thats a pretty good deal. I probably would have have really considered them if i were just buying from them. Then like you said a guy could just fly there and drive back. Hell now that I think about it. That dealership I talked to would have given me cash for my trade in value. I could have then just used that money at Dave Smiths. Ill keep that in mind next time

edgarrian

Reaction score
Please be sure to tell us about your experience with Dave Smith when you get back. Thinking of buying from them and driving back to SoCal.

Smearly gave his experience with the dealership. Seems as if planty of people fly there to pick up there rides.

smearly9

Reaction score
Sounds like a good experience. If your truck is a crew cab thats a pretty good deal. I probably would have have really considered them if i were just buying from them. Then like you said a guy could just fly there and drive back. Hell now that I think about it. That dealership I talked to would have given me cash for my trade in value. I could have then just used that money at Dave Smiths. Ill keep that in mind next time

Yep, it's a crew cab, short box 4-corner air, pano roof.. everything but e-torque and bed liner.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Yep, it's a crew cab, short box 4-corner air, pano roof.. everything but e-torque and bed liner.

Im assuming you have read the many complaints about the air ride in cold climates. Did they do anything different with the 19s.

smearly9

Reaction score
Im assuming you have read the many complaints about the air ride in cold climates. Did they do anything different with the 19s.

I have read the complaints. I've read an equal amount of people that have zero issues as well. I am in southern Idaho. It gets cold, but not too crazy. Hopefully, it won't turn out to be a hassle.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have read the complaints. I've read an equal amount of people that have zero issues as well. I am in southern Idaho. It gets cold, but not too crazy. Hopefully, it won't turn out to be a hassle.

Right on. Enjoy the truck! Im looking forward to my 2.5 hr drive after work tomorrow. Since i have gotten it I've only drive about 30 miles so it will be interesting to see how it is on the highway.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Certainly is frustrating. Congrats on the new truck.
I want one, but the wife wants to replace our carpet with hardwood..

Although, I should trade in my tundra while they are offering the 1000 incentive!

Do what I'm about to do.... trade the wife in for a truck

Rebel#71

Reaction score

I know this is off from op, but when purchasing your truck from DSM, did you have to sign a binding arbitration form? Thanks.

smearly9

Reaction score
I know this is off from op, but when purchasing your truck from DSM, did you have to sign a binding arbitration form? Thanks.

They did, and I did, with some hesitancy. However, I knew a little (very little) about them going in but researched the majority of what they usually bite people in a** over. I felt my deal was solid enough to move forward. I checked my credit prior to allowing them to do so so they couldn't fudge the rate/score. I also used Edmunds Forums to get the exact rate, money factor and residual to make sure they were not packing it. The truck had 10 miles on it so low chance of it being totaled previously. Lastly, I didn't use a trade-in so nothing to worry about with them not paying it off when I left. All in all, I still feel like the arbitration forms are criminal. But, you can do some due diligence ahead of time to make sure you want to move forward or not. My gut tells me that they do so much volume that they have it in place to CYA.. not that that excuses the use of it..

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
They did, and I did, with some hesitancy. However, I knew a little (very little) about them going in but researched the majority of what they usually bite people in a** over. I felt my deal was solid enough to move forward. I checked my credit prior to allowing them to do so so they couldn't fudge the rate/score. I also used Edmunds Forums to get the exact rate, money factor and residual to make sure they were not packing it. The truck had 10 miles on it so low chance of it being totaled previously. Lastly, I didn't use a trade-in so nothing to worry about with them not paying it off when I left. All in all, I still feel like the arbitration forms are criminal. But, you can do some due diligence ahead of time to make sure you want to move forward or not. My gut tells me that they do so much volume that they have it in place to CYA.. not that that excuses the use of it..
1st post. I'm glad to read that you were happy purchasing from Dave Smith. I'm getting ready to jump in the pool and make a purchase (Rebel or Laramie Sport) and if I could get a deal even close to yours it looks like I might be going for a ride. Like you, I don't feel comfortable with this 500 deposit business over the phone (there appears to be quite a few people who've been burnt). Did they email you a completely filled out purchase agreement with all the agreed upon numbers, charges, Vin#, etc. that you either agreed to or electronically signed prior to going to the dealership? Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for posting your experience.

Last edited:

Kadarnall

Reaction score
The place where I bought my Rebel 12 in March still has a white one...with the HK 19 speakers. Let me know if you are in around Phoe ix and want to the location.

19Jake

Reaction score
'19 DT orders close April 11
'20 orders open May 7 > July 22 production IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2708.JPG

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
So, just getting off RAM's website...Rebel 12A package is only showing available for a 4x2 now....not 4x4? Whats going on? And even adding the 12" display on the 4x4, it removed the level 2 equipment group. RAM/FCA needs to straighten this mess up with the packages. I'm getting close to finally purchasing a new truck and it seems every time I come back to check on the Rebels there is an issue with the packages! There are a few original Rebel 12 packages out there on the lots still, and more Rebel 12A's, but not one out there that has every option I want. I hate to seem picky, but if I'm buying a new truck, I would like it to include all the options I like.. But it seems even if I went to order one that's not possible either.

Neokane

Reaction score
So, just getting off RAM's website...Rebel 12A package is only showing available for a 4x2 now....not 4x4? Whats going on? And even adding the 12" display on the 4x4, it removed the level 2 equipment group. RAM/FCA needs to straighten this mess up with the packages. I'm getting close to finally purchasing a new truck and it seems every time I come back to check on the Rebels there is an issue with the packages! There are a few original Rebel 12 packages out there on the lots still, and more Rebel 12A's, but not one out there that has every option I want. I hate to seem picky, but if I'm buying a new truck, I would like it to include all the options I like.. But it seems even if I went to order one that's not possible either.
Best piece of advice.. dont use their website.

Go to a reputable dealer and have them show you what they can order. The ram site is hosed up, out dated, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online