5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '22 has been okay so far, had some pretty heavy rains, and some snow. I replaced the cargo/3rd brake lights and the seal looked pretty solid to me. Of course, as we've seen, other things in that area can cause this issue. Seems really pervasive.

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score
Oddly now my AM radio doesn’t work, all static.

Are there AM antenna connection near the rear window or 3rd brake light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score
AFAIK the shark fin is the antenna. If that's the case then yes.

Ok I’ll take a look inside once my brake light gets here. FM works just fine, but zip with AM on any station, no matter where I am around the state.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
Went to dealer today. Soon as I Pulled up they took pictures of the back window and said they would call me when the window comes in. I was there for five minutes.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pulled the headliner down and took off the shark fin, everything is connected and I get FM and xm radio without issue. I’m stomped.

Add any LEDs lately? They will interfere quite a bit with AM

CedricArnaud

Reaction score
This is the second time my rear window frame cracked. It's been a hassle the first time. Dealer scratched the side of the truck with the garden hose trying to find the leak, dented the truck (no idea how). Finally replaced the frame last year around March. Just noticed today that the frame has cracked again. Going to the dealer tomorrow. 1642108833251.jpeg 1642108884011.jpeg 1642108898881.jpeg 1642108910020.jpeg

UncaBuddha

Reaction score
After some heavy rains on the last 2 weekends I found some water dribbling in the back window near the top right side (looking backward). I already had an appointment to find my oil leak and fix the driver's door trim that is coming unglued so I added that. Had to take the topper off the back which is a real pain...

SadiEJays

Reaction score
Just an update and I swear I hope this doesn’t send some weird voodoo or some thing but my 2019 was leaking and had the cracks around the sliding part of the window. Common issue. I took it in and had it replaced within a week and low and behold it was leaking again and I took it back in and I was told the antenna fin and the third brake light had some moisture behind and they replaced both of those and we have had downpours many times and still nothing. I’m starting to wonder if that wasn’t the problem to begin with. Either way I love my rams but damn it makes you want to switch.

Reaction score

I have put a new heavy duty gasket seal (Last weekend) around the backside of the 3rd break light. I hoped that it solved my water intrusion problem into the cab at the top of rear sliding window.. Nope! It did not

a few minutes ago I went out to the truck and checked the shark fin secureness to the cab roof and if you view my uploaded video I’m thinking maybe this fin gasket may be my issue?

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have put a new heavy duty gasket seal (Last weekend) around the backside of the 3rd break light. I hoped that it solved my water intrusion problem into the cab at the top of rear sliding window.. Nope! It did not

a few minutes ago I went out to the truck and checked the shark fin secureness to the cab roof and if you view my uploaded video I’m thinking maybe this fin gasket may be my issue?
only way to know is to drop the headliner and water test it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After some heavy rains on the last 2 weekends I found some water dribbling in the back window near the top right side (looking backward). I already had an appointment to find my oil leak and fix the driver's door trim that is coming unglued so I added that. Had to take the topper off the back which is a real pain...
my 21 is doing that exact thing right now. After heavy rains, I have a small water trail down the right rear corner of the back glass and the water settles on the bottom of the window. wanted to leak test it myself to try and get an idea of where its coming from before I go to the dealer.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Noticed four weeks ago when I was having my dog in the back my rear window frame was cracked. Wasn’t leaking yet but was cracked. Mines a 2020 Gator BTS edition. Took it to the dealer they took pictures and awaited to hear back from Ram. About a month later they called me and said it came in and they just replaced it for me.

I know some have said that they updated the rear window design. Anyone have any pictures of that compared to the older ones?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I supposedly have the new design but it looks exactly like the one that cracked. The slider is a little quieter though.

Holydiver255

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel that had the rear window frame leak, which let water reach the battery pack control module behind the seat. Had no idea there was water coming in until one day the truck wouldn't start. Had to get the truck towed to the nearest dealership where it has ben for about two and a half months now. On top of that, the repair bill is about $5,000. Luckily insurance will cover the window, but I'll need to pay remaining $3,000 for the module, which seems to keep getting lost during shipping. The most frustrating part is this happened 2 months after my 3 year warranty expired, and my extended warranty doesn't cover this one particular module. I feel totally screwed over, making payments on a vehicle I haven't even sat in for months, and having to pay thousands on a defect that killed my truck juuuuuust out of warranty.

The truck has been great up until then, no issues, and I love it. At this point, I'm fed up and I just want my truck back so I can sell it, and buy from a company that stands behind it's products.

Users who are viewing this thread